How to update Droid X2 Market to Play store
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having problems with my Droid X2 with applications crashing constantly. I finally went ahead and bit the bullet and did a factory restore. Booting in safe mode didnt resolve the problem. Now that I have done a factory restore I am back to the market app. I am wondering how do I get back the play store app. Apps dont seem to be installing properly when I use the market app. I am wondering how do I get access to the play store app. I did some search and found this post https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/190860?hl=en it says I need to contact my carrier or manufacturer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to update Droid X2 Market to Play store
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you all for all the help. I am not sure if this helped but what I did was the following.

Settings->Applications->Manage Applications

Selected the All tab and scrolled till I found the Market app

I selected it and cleared its cache and data.

Restarted the phone and after sometime I got the update for Play store app.

Hope this helps others with similar problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try opening the Market app and accept the terms and conditions for it. Then press the Home button. This leaves the application active in the background. Hopefully while it is like this the phone will receive the update from the Google servers. If it doesn't update after a day, then report back and see if there is something else to try.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had already accepted the terms and condition when I first tried to use it.I hit the Home button. Just used my phone normally and still no updates. I wonder if there is any way to fix this because I am having problems installing the apps I use. Some of them especially the google apps like hangout updated google maps are giving me trouble when I try to install them.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have access to another Android device with a newer version of the Play Store? It might be possible to copy the apk file to your phone and sideload it.

There might be another way to try first before I don't remember what program needs its data cleared to force the phone to check for the updated version. or can you assist?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I sometimes had Good luck on getting it to update after i Uninstalled the Store then shutting down the phone then power cycling it and then reloading it when it the phone came back on..

0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do have a nexus 7, but it has android 4.3 running on it. Can I use the Play store app from it? How do I copy the apk from it to the phone?

0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I uninstall the market app and reload it? Any links would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go to your settings > find apps > in apps find Google Playstore > enter in the app on top of it's page there will be a Tab to Uninstall the App after you do that hit the home button power off your phone pull the battery power cycle battery out by pressing the power button) re-install the battery power the phone and reload the app..

0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the following "Settings->Applications->Manage applications". Then selected the "All" tab scrolled till I found the "Market" app. It doesnt give me an option to Uninstall it. It only gives me option to clear data and clear the cache.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since it is apparently running the original shipped version of the app it won't have an option to "uninstall updates". Stock pre-installed apps won't have an uninstall (completely) option.

You can use a file explorer app like ES file explorer (search for Estrongs) from the Play Store. It has an option to backup your applications apk files. I can provide more details later tonight of the steps to try this option. I hoping someone else chimes in before then with the other method to force the OS to check for the Play Store update.

0 Likes