Re: I AM DONE!
jitter_bug_2002

You need to remember with apps especially twitter, fb, etc. that automatically update and most other apps on a smart phone just because you are not using them doesnt meant that they aren't running in the background and using battery.  Its a well known fact that smart phones do not hold a charge like a regular ordinary non fancy flip phone.  If you are lookng for something to hold a charge for day, get a cheap flip phone that does nothing but talk and text.  I own one of the original droid 2's and i am an app user and my radio runs pretty much all of the time on my phone and it will still last for at least 6 hours.  If you are having a severe issue with the phone try another droid or another type of phone, its not necessarily the people behind the counter's fault that you are having issues.  They are just trying to do their job, how would you like to be yelled and cussed at for something your company produced and sold that you had no control over.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have mine in the drawer.   I have had it for months before switching to the iPhone 4.  I never had the kind of problems you guys are having.  As mdram said it may be an app that is causing the issue.

Did you let the Google restore your apps everytime you got the new devices?  If that is a yes then it may be a setting file that was backed up by Google that is making all your devices have the same problems.

0 Likes
real4life

I have tried everything I can think of.  From suggestions on Droid Forums and Motorola forums.  I don't install weird apps and really try to keep my phone as basic as I can even though they are supposed to be able to do so many things.  The problems I read about keep becoming more prominent especially with the Droid 2 series. And now of course Droid 3 is coming which I'm sure will have most of the bugs figured out from the Droid Global.  It's just very frustrating to spend so much time trying to get a phone set up the way we want them, spend money on accessories and least of all the time if something continually goes wrong.

0 Likes
Not applicable

A new software update, Gingerbread, will be pushed to the Droid 2 Global starting 6/15 and it addresses some of the issues you brought up. I would suggest trying this update to see if it resolves your issues. Here is a link to the benefits of the update and instructions.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_2.html 

0 Likes
space1701

I am sorry MarquiaF_VZW, you are misinformed. The Droid 2 Global update is not ready. I talked with Amanda in Tier 2 support. The internal documentation shows it as coming soon. Motorola is supposed to be conducting a "soak test" with a few Droid 2 Global owers who signed up on their forums for at least a week before it will be pushed out to all Droid 2 Global owners. This soak test has not started yet.

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

A new software update, Gingerbread, will be pushed to the Droid 2 Global starting 6/15 and it addresses some of the issues you brought up. I would suggest trying this update to see if it resolves your issues. Here is a link to the benefits of the update and instructions.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_2.html 

0 Likes
Not applicable

space1701, 

This update was pushed back for additional testing. That is the original information we received internally, and that was on the website also. At this time, we don't have a date on when it will be available. You can sign up for alerts at:https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
the star tac was a great phone.
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3
Just putting this out there, the Droid Forum app basically bricked my phone when I had it. That app is absolutely horrible. Try uninstalling it
0 Likes