I can't record video on my Droid Mini.
hdlovesco

I get an error every time I try to take a video, "Unable to start video capture." I called tech support they checked my available memory, 2.7GB, cleared the data/cache and when neither of those options worked transferred me to the warranty dept because "it was a hardware issue." My phone has been replaced but I'm have the same problem again and I've only had the new one for a week!

Any suggestions as to what can be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: I can't record video on my Droid Mini.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hdlovesco,

Oh wow! That does seem a little odd! I use my video camera often on my phone. So, I would be lost with out it. Are you using the normal camera application on the phone when you get this message? Have you tried to place the phone into safe mode for a few hours to and test out the video camera? Here is a link on how to get the device in/out of safe mode: http://vz.to/Sw8Wh3 Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jmgibson54

I am having the same issue with my Droid mini. In safe mode the camcorder works fine. In normal start up the camcorder will stop as soon as I press record and give a message similar to "unable to start video recording."

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for already trying safe mode, Jmgibson54. That's a good sign your concern is application related. When in safe mode, it stops all the 3rd party applications from the Play Store from running. So if it works in safe mode, try deleting any applications you've downloaded that are camera related first. If the trouble continues, try deleting the most recently updated or installed applications until the trouble no longer occurs when not in safe mode. You also have the option to wipe the slate clean and reset your phone http://vz.to/1vkcrqt without any 3rd party apps installed.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes