Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I can't seem to get the navigation to work
imgja

I am trying to get it to tell me directions while I'm driving - but it doesn't seem to work.  I have to go to the whole "typing in the address" to get directions.  What is the point of having voice commands?

0 Likes
Re: I can't seem to get the navigation to work
MiiHere
Leader

Is this Verizon Navigation? Or Google Maps?

0 Likes
imgja

Not sure - I wake up my mini & ask it to navigate me to "xyz address", and it doesn't respond at all.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Verizon Navigation you pay for. Google maps is free and you can voice into it, but first you have to open the app.

0 Likes
imgja

I don't remember agreeing to pay for anything....it was preloaded so I figured it just came with the phone (this is my first smartphone).  I just want to know what I have to do to get the phone to direct me to where I need to be.  It shouldn't be this difficult.  Is it just android, or is this just a smartphone issue.  My daughter just talks to her iPhone and it directs her. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

what device do you have?

I personally use Google Maps. Under your apps you should have it as it's usually preloaded I think.

0 Likes
imgja

I have the droid mini.  I think I'll just have to work with it more.  I'm just really new at the whole smartphone thing. 

0 Likes