I cannot send mail from my Verizon account on my phone. Uninstalled the account then added it back but still cannot send mail
Carol101
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I have stated above, I cannot send email from Droid MIni.  I spoke to Verizon Wireless on the telephone and they had me uninstall/delete the Verizon account then add it back in.  But, that does not help.  I do receive emails on the cell phone but I just can't send any. it does try to send the two emails that I wrote every so often but they are still not being sent.   Connection failed is the message I get.  And I cannot open the emails as I get the message that they are being sent so cannot be deleted either.    I respond to emails using the received email.  Should I start a new email which might work  (which I don't think should be necessary)?   Thank you for any help you can give to me. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot send mail from my Verizon account on my phone. Uninstalled the account then added it back but still cannot send mail
JJ6445
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have discovered that email will send  from the phone and tablet only when I turn off the WiFi function. If I can use 4G (not always available where I live) the email will go out just fine. It seems like there is a conflict between the app and WiFi?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I cannot send mail from my Verizon account on my phone. Uninstalled the account then added it back but still cannot send mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are unable to send emails from your Droid Mini. How long have you had this issue? Have you downloaded any third party apps that may be causing an issue? Have you downloaded any new software? You may need to perform a hard reset.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on TWitter @Vzwsupport

0 Likes
JJ6445
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with may Samsung Galaxy 5S phone and my Verizon LG tablet. I, too. talked to Customer Service and deleted and added the account back. Additionally I tried downloading the My Fios app (I do not have Fios and won't in this small town, but do have DSL) The app worked OK but would not send either. It seems to be occurring all  of them time when I reply to an email, and some of the time when I create a new email and send. The Verizon mail worked fine on both my PC and Laptop, just not the mobile devices. After 1.5 hours on the phone with tech support, I really did not get this resolved - other than I replied to the tech once and he got it but nothing else has gone out since then. I have turned the phone off, removed the battery, replaced it. Turned the tablet off and back on and have no new software other than the above mentioned My Fios, which I have since uninstalled. The devices worked perfectly up until about Oct. 10. Since then, nothing but frustration when I realized email was piling up in the Outbox. The "error" message says "email failed to send".

VYL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung Note 3.  I noticed this issue about 2-3 weeks ago. I receive but can't reply, it states failure, and the phone will keep attempting to send until I delete the message. Not sure why all of a sudden this is happening. I even have 2 different verizon email accounts and it's happening on both. Please advise!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JJ6445,

I definitely want this working for you correctly on your phone. Do you get these errors only when using your Verizon email or do other personal email accounts also get the same error? Was there any change to your Verizon account as of October 10th that you know of?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JJ6445
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
JJ6445
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have discovered that email will send  from the phone and tablet only when I turn off the WiFi function. If I can use 4G (not always available where I live) the email will go out just fine. It seems like there is a conflict between the app and WiFi?

0 Likes
JJ6445
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, only Verizon mail. My other email (gmail) does not have this problem - but it is an internet app, not a client on the device. I have had no changed to my account that I am aware of.

0 Likes
VYL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

So I went to verizon.net website to their forums and discovered the same question being asked, so there was a response that stated to change your outgoing security type to SSL Port 465, well once I changed mine to SSL the port automatically changed to 465. I've been able to reply while being on WIFI. Go figure, never would have figured this one out!!!

Can't forward or replay to emails from android smartphone or tablet while connected to WiFI. - Veriz...

0 Likes