I hate my DROID; suggestions for new phone?
lizziebeth2003

I have had the original DROID for a little over a year now.  This is my second one actually, I had to have it replaced b/c the other one was screwing up sending texts to the wrong people.  Now this one is doing other weird stuff, that of course I am used to, but it's still unbelievably irritating.  I have come to despise my DROID and I am wanting a new phone but I can't decide which one to get.  I researched the iPhone, and I'm not terribly impressed.  Is the DROID 2 any better?  What about DROID X?  I'm open to any suggestions.  I just can't keep on keepin' on with this horrible phone anymore!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I hate my DROID; suggestions for new phone?
nike86

wait it out for the Thunderbolt or Bionic.   If you go with one of the older phones I like the X

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I am sorry your unhappy with your Droid device. You have many devices to choose from. The device you choose to purchase will be dependent on what features you want.  Some phones have a Qwerty keyboard, bigger screens, navigation, higher megapixel for pictures, 3G-Mobile Hotspot, Adobe Flash capable, or Global capable. I recommend visiting a corporate store to review each phone in detail. 

To obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link, which will direct you to the "Store Locator" page of our website:  www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
myalias
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate mine, too!!! I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET ME ANOTHER PHONE!! Im getting notifications saying my text messaging is full. Full? I had like 6 messages on there. How is that full? And don't get me started on that lagging home screen!!! It's driving me insane!! I could on, but it makes me mad just thinking about it!!!

0 Likes
kazetsukai
Enthusiast - Level 3

The DROID isn't a bad phone, the software has just outgrown it.

I would, as the poster suggested, wait for the Bionic if you want a real performer.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
to the OP, I would wait for the new phones, The droid x and the drioid 2 also have same texting issues ( not all). Also have you guys already done a master reset? That may fix all of your problems. The person with the message memory full problem, Im sure a master reset will fix it. I hear the new phones are WAY better than what we have now. The droid one was GREAT. It was so great that I sold it on ebay with a cracked screen and a clean esn for 80 dllrs. What a sale! Dont trow it away when you are done, sell it or donate it to hopeline!
0 Likes
Not applicable
I'm still loving my Motorola Droid (1) and never had a single problem with it. I may upgrade when the Bionic comes out.
0 Likes
Bkatebird08

I've done numerous resets and replacements, my Droid is still horrible! And of course good ol Verizon does NOTHING but offer another replacement! umm.. .no u can keep your crappy used replacement...

0 Likes