I have a Droid Bionice, my 1st Smart phone. An install kept coming up ,I did it and everything has changed. I don't knpw what to do...Help...smart phone...dumb person
cindyntx

I bought a Droid Bionic Smart Phone. I loved it so very much. When I was on it and install kept coming up, over & over. I Don't know what it was called but I did look and it didn't say Verizon anywhere but I assumed w/my Lookout security app it wouldn't let anything bad in. But I downloaded it now my icons are different and on my manage apps I use to have only maybe 20 settings now I have a bunch. and the lil icon looks like a blue square app w/the lil cog looking symbol in it. Everytime I try to delete one thinking it will go back to the way it was it says it will cause problems w/all other settings. And also after the icom it says com.motorola.android.deep it says that on about 20 or 25 after the icon.It won't let me disable  any of them.

The very 1st icon on my Apps on ,y Apps setting is the blue symbol that looks like a cog, and it has 32.00KB if I try to disable that because I figure it's the mother of all of them it says in a pop up...Disable built -in app-----If you disable a built in app, other apps may misbehave.? That doesn't sound very professional to me.One even says key chain for the app. I don't know what to do. I did look at it and I assumed when it popped up it was a legit thing. I didnt know you had to beware of something that was a pop up on the page.

I don't know if it's a Gingerbread or Ice Cream thing, I just know when I go to my settings it has overtaken 3/4th of my apps. And on most of them it doesny even offer me the chance or choice to disable it. Please somebody help me. I am so new to this. I loved my phone before now it's taken Over everything. I am scared if I run some of the things I see it says on my settings app it runs my phone,it says for instance:

Permission

This App can access the following on your phone

*YOUR LOCATION

coarse (network-based) location,fine (GPS) location

*SYSTEM TOOLS

modify global system settings

STORAGE

SYNC SERVICE

I dont know what any of this is and it says if I stop of close any of it , it will cause the app to fail.

How can I tell what I have downloaded as far as this whole montrosity....SO I can study it and read up what to do. I do't want to lodr my pictures or my pictures on my gallery/ I am afraid I have really screwed it up good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THANK ANYBODY THAT CAN HELP ME IN ADVANCE....

0 Likes
Re: I have a Droid Bionice, my 1st Smart phone. An install kept coming up ,I did it and everything has changed. I don't knpw what to do...Help...smart phone...dumb person
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

First, congratulations on your first smartphone. 

Yep, sounds to me like you received the upgraded Operating System ... Ice Cream Sandwich.  And it looks a lot different from Gingerbread!  I'd suggest that you go through all the menus and see what's changed and do not try to disable any apps yet until you get a feel for what the new OS looks like/does.  There's a new user manual posted, too ... give me a minute and I'll post you a link.

0 Likes
Re: I have a Droid Bionice, my 1st Smart phone. An install kept coming up ,I did it and everything has changed. I don't knpw what to do...Help...smart phone...dumb person
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Follow this link for the Bionic ICS user guide; if you have issues/questions, you may want to do a search on this forum as there are already several threads/remedies.  If a search doesn't answer your question, submit a post.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/893011#893011

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cindyntx!

Again, congrats on your first smart phone! Based on the info you provided, it does seem like your phone has installed Ice Cream Sandwich. Google made many behind the screen and cosmetic enhancements to the operating system. It may take a little time to get used to it but its much more user friendly so I think you'll enjoy it! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes