I have an Ultra and when i try to turn on the wifi it goes to off immediately and it will not search for open wifi networks
tbirnesser

I can not turn on my wifi and it will not search for open networks

0 Likes
Re: I have an Ultra and when i try to turn on the wifi it goes to off immediately and it will not search for open wifi networks
jbates139
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it rooted with a custom kernel?

0 Likes
Re: I have an Ultra and when i try to turn on the wifi it goes to off immediately and it will not search for open wifi networks
tbirnesser

not sure what a custom kernel is

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 3:58 PM, jbates139 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try putting the phone in Airplane mode and then turning on the wifi radio to see if that works.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tbirnesser

I just tried that and it won't turn on. it won't even search for networks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your next steps are clearing the system cache for the entire phone. If that doesn't work, a factory reset might be needed. A coworker mentioned they had to a factory reset recently on their Galaxy S3 into order to get the wifi radio to work.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here tbirnesser! When did you start experiencing issues with connecting to wifi on your device? Are you getting a certain error message when trying to turn on your wifi? Is there any physical or water damage to your device?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
tbirnesser

there is no physical damage and i talked to tech and reset my phone and it still won't work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get the wifi going, tbirnesser. Did Tech Support go over any replacement options with you on your phone? Has wifi ever worked?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
caroleem

I am experiencing the same issues. Cannot turn on the WiFi. Nor will it stay on when I swipe the button. Not will it find previous saved WiFi areas.

0 Likes