I'm angry
subvet1

I've been with Verizon for a long time and recently upgraded my phone at a Verizon store to an I2 at the cost of $199.00 with a 2-year contract.

I now see other outlets are charging $0.00 with a 2-year contract.

Why do I feel screwed?

0 Likes
Re: I'm angry
budone
Legend

Those 'other outlets' have an add'l contracts you sign in addition to VZW. Which can cost you up to $400 an ETF fees, just from them if you make changes and you still have a VZW contract to complete. You may not be able to keep your current plan with the other outlet.

If your phone has an issue the 1st 30 days, you deal with the, 'Other Outlet' not VZW for replacements.

Nah, I will pay a bit more to be assured all is well.

subvet1

budone,

I did not know that and with this information must agree with you.

However, I also see VZW is now offering the I2 for ~$50.00, which does make me feel any better.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

How recently did you upgrade?

0 Likes
subvet1

I don't recall exactly but remember it was about a month before VZW reduced the price of the I2.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Well that is a bit over the time limit, but heck call and ask. Worse they can say is no.

But phones are like laptops, TV's and such, the same thing can always be had at a lower price.......LATER! 

subvet1

They sure are.

But I would have been a whole lot happier if the salesman had informed of an impending price drop when I bought it.

However, VZW may be one of those companies that keep secrets from their own employees.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The rep would not know 4 weeks before.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello subvet1,

Budone is correct (thanks). You do have the option of purchasing a device directly through Verizon Wireless or through a third party retailer. Prices may differ, depending on where you choose to purchase your device from. As budone stated, third party retailers may have different terms and conditions in their agreement, such as their exchange and return policy. Where specifically did you purchase your device from? How long ago?

0 Likes
subvet1

Daisy,

About 2 months now.

0 Likes