I need help IMMEDIATELY in Spain
eav123

I´m  in Spain and have my Motoroloa Droid Razr Maxx and was told that upon arrival in Spain, that my phone was already equipped with International-global communication whatever it´s called....and that I´d be able to immediately make calls and texts and access wifi.  To be sure, I went ahead and purchased Global Internet for when there was no wifi available since my phone is my main tool for communication on this trip. However, when i landed in Madrid, the phone will not find a signal. It´s as if it was never activated, something I asked about to the >Verizon rep....and she assured me that my model of phone was already ready for global talk and internet access. IT IS NOT.  I need someone to help me with this RIGHT THIS MOMENT.  I´m at an Internet cafe.  I need help  NOW.

Thanks

eav

0 Likes
Re: I need help IMMEDIATELY in Spain
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that the DROID Razr Maxx needs the ICS update before it would be global ready. Beyond that, I'm not familiar with the process of ensuring the phone will work overseas in a GSM network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I need help IMMEDIATELY in Spain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spain is a wonderful place, but I do apologize that you were having problems with calls upon your arrival.
With the latest software version, you are now able to make/receive calls while in Spain. You would need to call us at 800.922.0204 to have the international feature added to your account. This handy tool also helps you learn about pricing for calls/data while you are traveling abroad.
While you are already there, you can call us toll free, anytime at 908-559-4899.

www.verizonwireless.com/tripplanner

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes