ICS Audio
mj28
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I got Ice Cream Sandwich late last night - well, it downloaded it overnight and I installed first thing this morning. The morning involved a lot of slowness with user data related stuff - but it seems to have perked up this afternoon. I couldn't open my messaging app in less than an hour. Not even exaggerating. And my contacts were invisible. I know they were there but the list wouldn't populate. That was this morning - I did clear the cache and thought all was well...

Until I plugged in my headphones this afternoon. Did anyone have the high pitched issue with audio (I think it was most noticeable with Netflix) when the Bionic first came out? Well...it seems to be back with ICS. I use Amazon MP3 player and I hear a high pitched sound when audio files are playing. I used the same app pre-ICS and had not heard that sound. Fortunately it's not too loud so when music is actually playing it's pretty well covered. Nonetheless I was still less than thrilled to hear that.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: ICS Audio
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bummer!  I've read a lot of posts on several threads the past couple of days as folks are downloading/installing, and I haven't seen that one yet.  I hope it goes away or there's a fix.

0 Likes
mj28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too! I know they fixed it when the Bionic first came out. Seems weird that it would happen again. Honestly, it's more manageable than the problems I was having this morning - it took an act of Congress to load my text messages or contacts. It was hard to do anything useful. But once it sorted out its brain, it's like a whole new phone!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear that things are working well again, other than that whiney jack

0 Likes
Ahrens
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not too weird. There was probably a driver change they put in specifically for the bionic that didn't make it into ICS. My suggestion is report the problem and expect a patch someday that applies the fix to the new os. Hopefully it won't take too long, because I get the same problem.

Honestly I am relieved to hear it was a problem when the bionic first came out. It means they already know how to fix it, and just have to go look at how they did it the first time and apply it to the new code.

0 Likes
Ahrens
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also I wonder if this might be a reason for the higher power drain?

Ignoring the second core going active and all Smiley Happy!

0 Likes
Ahrens
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been quite some time since the update came out. I was hoping for some sort of response to this problem by now, since it has been solved in the past. I use my phone as my portable music player, and before the ICS update that worked quite well. I would appreciate a real response to this problem some time soon, or at least some sort of a status update.

Clint14

I reported the same problem to Motorola and they acted like they never heard of it.  After having me reset a few things on my phone, they asked me to send it in for repair.  I told them that I can't do without my phone and that I would rather take it to a Verizon store first. 

0 Likes