ICS...To Be..... Or Not To Be? That is the question
DaHoney

OK, so back in August this update was supposed to be rolling out to the Dinc 2. For reasons unknown to consumers, this was unable to happen. Some moaned and groaned and others swore to dump HTC and Verizon. Others sat back and just waited patiently for the eventual roll-out to happen. Months went by. Then out of nowhere HTC finally tweeted reasons of connectivity issues. This once again gave hope to the faithful HTC/Verizon customers who are still holding onto, in my own opinion, a pretty good phone. I'm by no means a power user and don't require a whole lot when it comes to my phone. However I am a firm believer of waste not want not. I don't want to replace my phone as the darned thing isn't broken. I will happily use this phone till it no longer makes a phone call or goes dead in one way or another. With that being said, I also firmly believe in keeping one's word and keeping customers informed. If the operating system is going to be updated then say so. Then actually do it in the time frame announced. If it isn't, then say so. But don't sit back with hopes that the new and exciting devices coming out in the market are more appealing and the consumers will pay your upgrade fee along with other rising costs of plans. Some of us simply can't afford more costs being added. I for 1 am happy with my Dinc 2 the way it sits, but was excited to know it was to receive a "face-lift" so to speak. Speaking for myself and most likely a few other customers if not many. We simply would like to know if the ICS update is going to happen or not? If it is we would like to know when as well some explanation as to why it was held off for so long? If not, then please do say so. Along with this I honestly believe a full explanation as to why is necessary, followed by a sincere apology.

Sincerely,

A Faithful HTC/Verizon customer

0 Likes
Re: ICS...To Be..... Or Not To Be? That is the question
AZSALUKI
Legend

sorry, but you won't get dates, explanations, or apologies. if i had to guess, i'd say it's not going to happen. i gave up on my tbolt ever getting it.

0 Likes
DaHoney

AZSALUKI,

I didn't post here for someone to come in and give what has been stated over and over. I simply stated what my issue was in hopes of a reply from someone in the VERIZON workforce. Please refrain from posting if it's not a solid answer. Many changes have happened since I signed a contract with this company for cellular and data service and quite frankly I'm a bit fed up. Lets just see how long it takes for someone to actually answer this post. My guesses are never which will also be the same time frame in which I sign a new contract with them.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

"We simply would like to know if the ICS update is going to happen or not? If it is we would like to know when as well some explanation as to why it was held off for so long? If not, then please do say so. Along with this I honestly believe a full explanation as to why is necessary, followed by a sincere apology."

i am telling you that you will NOT receive any of this on this forum. my reply is as SOLID of an answer as you are going to get. i was simply letting you know that you are not going to get any of what you were asking. when you post on a peer to peer forum, you are going to get peer answers, comments, opinions, etc. if you can't handle that, then i would not suggest using a peer to peer forum.

0 Likes
neotremer

The device is too old and doubt if any other updates will be going to the device.

0 Likes