Ice cream sandwich?
mg121

I am wondering, if at all, when ice cream sandwich will be pushed out? It has almost been a month since it was supposed to be released and I have not heard anything about it since the deadline passed. Are they working on it? Are they done? What is going on?

0 Likes
Re: Ice cream sandwich?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's being worked on, an early version has leaked out, but no telling on when it will get pushed.

0 Likes
macrodroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those VZW Reps watching these threads (and I certainly hope you guys ARE reading these!);  Take warning, HTC has released the OTA to VZW, this is a fact we all know.  If Verizon is holding this OTA back in hopes that their customers will jump ship into the newest/greatest device release, be warned that you're totally wrong! 

Not everyone can afford the latest and greatest every 3-6 months when it releases, and for those who can't these upgrades are important!!  Holding back to try and force customers to upgrade will only make your customers irate, disgusted and annoyed!  Amidst those emotions, ads like "unlimited 4G from T-Mobile" look really enticing!  I for one, expect this OTA soon!  If you have it, release it...  If you continue to delay, don't count on my upgrade at the end of my contract term, because your competitition, like T-Mobile and others,  offer a competitive device selections and comparable service.  Do your loyal customers a big favor here, release updates timely and treat us with some respect...  After all, the cost of the device doesn't keep you in business, it's the monthly returns for the service that does!  Don't lose sight of that with us!!!

And, yeah, a simple response with an estimated release date would put a lot of minds at ease...  So if you're going to drop something, best to let your customers know soon...  I might just consider paying the early term fees for my 5 phones and switch this month if I'm not going to get the service I pay for...  Short term loss for a long term gain!!!

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

What proof do you have that it has need released to Verizon?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The last 10 times a timeframe was ever stated there has been lawsuits for every single one. Manufacturers and carriers keep even more quiet because of it. People treat them as hard dates even when they say it could change.

0 Likes
Callahan89
Enthusiast - Level 1

Talked to a Verizon rep today.  He said they were working on it with HTC.  He said he didn't have a timeline, but it is definitely coming here on the Android forum is the best place to find out when they release the info.  He said they want to make sure that the update will not compromise functionality of the phone.  I told him there was an unoffcial ROM released that people were using without issue and he said the same response that they are working to make sure the update when mess anything up on the phone.  Very pleased with the customer service and communication by this rep, just wish there was a date, but I understand in an instance like this they may not actually know when it will be complete.  Hopefully they are actually working on it and not withholding so people upgrade (most people with Inc2 are not eligible for upgrades anyway).  The rep also did not suggest to me to upgrade my phone if I want the newer software or anything like that.

0 Likes
waterproofone

I agree! I think that most people are holding onto their phones longer because of the contracts and phone prices. I didn't mind the one year contracts at all and upgrading each year at a higher cost. Now since Verizon and AT&T have done away with one year contracts, I think people are thinking twice about their decisions since money is so tight. HTC and Verizon need to get this update out, these Inc 2 phones are not that old and I think they SHOULD get the update in a timely fashion. I do understand of making sure it's not going to mess up the phones either since I have had this happen to me...HOWEVER, don't give a timeline if you cannot adhere to it. First they gave initial date of March or something, then I heard May, then August. Well folks, it's now October and still no word.

I must say that when my contract is up, I am contemplating another carrier. Verizon's support is good, I will give them that. I also understand that I like one-year or no contracts at all and this two year thing is just not worth it. It's time they wrap things up with Ice Cream Sandwich. The Motorola Razr family has this update which is buggy but still very doable. There is no reason for this thing to drag on and on unless they have an agenda of getting more people to buy new phones. My cell phone bill with Verizon has turned into a cable bill so I expect some service out of it!

0 Likes
davld2000

I  have talk to an associate today and she told me that she couldn't find any update posted for ics. I hope you guys are still coming out of the ICS or at least tell us so we are able to move on from this. I have ask HTC also and they said when an update is posted it gets to us . No other explanation of if it is coming out or if its not. I don't understand does  that mean people who work at HTC and Verzion don't Know what they are doing. Or have no clue on planning updates and telling us about it?

Hopefully, They make an announcement soon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

waterproofone wrote:

I agree! I think that most people are holding onto their phones longer because of the contracts and phone prices. I didn't mind the one year contracts at all and upgrading each year at a higher cost. Now since Verizon and AT&T have done away with one year contracts, I think people are thinking twice about their decisions since money is so tight. HTC and Verizon need to get this update out, these Inc 2 phones are not that old and I think they SHOULD get the update in a timely fashion. I do understand of making sure it's not going to mess up the phones either since I have had this happen to me...HOWEVER, don't give a timeline if you cannot adhere to it. First they gave initial date of March or something, then I heard May, then August. Well folks, it's now October and still no word.

I must say that when my contract is up, I am contemplating another carrier. Verizon's support is good, I will give them that. I also understand that I like one-year or no contracts at all and this two year thing is just not worth it. It's time they wrap things up with Ice Cream Sandwich. The Motorola Razr family has this update which is buggy but still very doable. There is no reason for this thing to drag on and on unless they have an agenda of getting more people to buy new phones. My cell phone bill with Verizon has turned into a cable bill so I expect some service out of it!

HTC was the company that was giving out the time lines, and later updated by Verizon to reflect the changes.  If you look at HTC's update page they have subject to change on there.  Now for the kicker...  If you paid any attention to their update page a lot of their devices were delayed and a lot of them are NOT tied to Verizon.  That means they delayed them not Verizon as if they were "on schedule" all their devices would have been updated already.

0 Likes
summit21
Contributor - Level 1

I find it interesting that the Incredible S was upgraded to ICS w/o issues, it is the exact same phone as the Incredible 2. This leads me to believe the update issues land at the feet of VERIZON, since the carrier is the only difference with regards to these 2 phones. Can anyone enlighten me as to why the S got it months ago w/o issues and the Incredible 2 months later is no closer to knowing if we are even getting ICS?

0 Likes