If my Droid Incredible fails can I use my Moto V9 or another cell phone?
JustaHatRack

If my Droid Incredible fails can I use my Moto V9 or another non smart phone until I can get the HTC  fixed or replaced? Got  motorola 220 and unlocked V3, V9 but this is my first smartphone.

0 Likes
Re: If my Droid Incredible fails can I use my Moto V9 or another cell phone?
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't see why you couldn't? vzn can just activate your old phone while you wait on the replacement. but your droid will be fine. don't let this forum concern you about the devices....keep in mind that this is where the very FEW with problems come to solve issues.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

JustaHatRack wrote:

If my Droid Incredible fails can I use my Moto V9 or another non smart phone until I can get the HTC  fixed or replaced? Got  motorola 220 and unlocked V3, V9 but this is my first smartphone

Motorola V9 is a GSM phone. So that phone is incompatible for Verizon. Verizon runs on CDMA network.  Razr V3 is another GSM phone...so no that will not work on Verizon.  Are you referring to eh Motorola V220?  Again that is a GSM phone.That won't work on Verizon either.

Basically all the phones you mentioned are incompatible for Verizon. They all run on GSM network. Even if the phones are unlocked it still won't work. Different cell phone network frequencies.  

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i didn't realize you were not already using verizon????

0 Likes
JustaHatRack

Wasn't but I AM NOW!!!!!!  :smileyhappy:   Good grief it was a long 2 years with AT&T.

BTW I also have a Samsung Spex from cricket. Wont work either? Cricket is PCS right?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

JustaHatRack wrote:

Wasn't but I AM NOW!!!!!!  :smileyhappy:   Good grief it was a long 2 years with AT&T.

BTW I also have a Samsung Spex from cricket. Wont work either? Cricket is PCS right?

Cricket phones run on CDMA network yes. You would need to flash (unlock) the phone first. It can be done. I have read that it is hard to activate a flashed phone though. 

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

If the radio is capable of picking up the Verizon signals Verizon will activate it.  The only problem is you may be without features for a while.  However, it usually doesn't take very long to get a replacement.  If you have a decent protection plan you can have the phone next day in most cases. 

0 Likes