Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
TheNutz

just got the update within the hour,  no problems

edited to delete issue that I figured out regarding test msg sounds

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
ninay62
I got the update this Monday... I was excited for it and now I wish I never got It. I work 14 hour days and my phone would still have half a charge when I got home and that was using it moderately. Now my battery is dead after 8 hours and I haven't even touched my phone. I've tried killing apps manually but the just re open, so now I have unistalled half my apps. My touch screen is all jacked up, I used to text and post with it, now I'm stuck using the keypad. I have other issues but those are my main ones. Will a master reset get rid of this update??????
0 Likes
ivfmommee

Mine did the same thing!  I have pulled the battery 3 times, and it still freezes on the Motorola sign. UGH!

0 Likes
chadkaboom

Got the update at about 1am on my phone. figured since im at work and wont use it as much i'd update it. as of right now at 4:30am its still stuck on the Motorola "M" symbol when you first start up. Tired everything but the phone does nothing. Making my way to the verizon store in the morning.

0 Likes
rld513

The update arrived sometime between 5:00 and 6:00 this morning. I updated, but am unable to get to the home screen. I get notifications from Twitter and email apps, and can open the apps. But when I want to scroll through the Twidroyd screen, I can't. I also think there's a conflict with the app iTag I have installed. At one point I was asked to do a backup. Would that be part of the upgrade??? Crap.

0 Likes
JADroid

This is great - like many of you, FINALLY rec'd my 2.2 update this morning.  I very enthusiastically hit the load now button.  2.5 hours later, I still had an "M" screen staring at me.  It will not get past this after battery pulls and trying to boot in safe mode.  There is no response except the "M" staring me in the face.  

Hmmmmmm - this is reminiscent of the blue screen of death.  I am now reusing that term here and I hope it catches fire - 

"THE "M" SCREEN OF DEATH !!!!!!!!!!"

After calling technical support, I now either have to have a store flash it or have them send me one out AFTER calling the store to see how long this will take.  While the tech was very apologetic and trying to be helpful, it does not remove the fact that I now have to schlep to the store (if they can fix my issue) or have VZW send me a "new" one.  Also, the tech did not hesitate with the response - how many other Droids are experiencing this(?!)

I hope your experiences are better.

0 Likes
krisweber2005

Please see my thread further down. I will post my response from Verizon there and what I plan to so about it.

Needless to say my phone is only working b/c my husband is an uber geek and works from a computer company.

0 Likes
DLWebmaestro

Stuck at the M logo for the past 2 hours after trying to install 2.2

0 Likes
Churro

I wrote this in a different thread but hopefully someone with the same issue might give advice(which is probably "get a replacement" lol)

I woke up around 7am this morning to discover a pop-up for System Update, clearly 2.2. I click Install Now and my phone shuts off. I get the M screen followed by the update screen, I see the progress bar escalating.

NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM: When the bar got to about 1/5 in it shuts down my phone and starts the process all over. Every time it gets to that certain % on the progress bar it shuts down and starts over again.

So my question: Is this normal/how it's supposed to update? Should I leave it alone? Are they fixing this and hopefully sending out a new update that does not kill phones? Or is this some kind of error and I need to fix this issue personally with my provider?

0 Likes
Churro

PROGRESS UPDATE: Since my progress bar wouldn't go any further and kept shutting down I took out my battery and tried again. Same thing. I did this about 2 more times and I was extremely frustrated.

SOLUTION: I REMOVED BOTH my battery and SD card, waited 60 seconds and PUT ONLY THE BATTERY BACK IN. I LEFT OUT THE SD CARD since I thought it was interfering with dl'd apps or something else **bleep** and the update completed!!! Only took about 5 minutes and my phone has rebooted and working fine with 2.2.

Android version: 2.2

Build number: FRG01B

0 Likes