Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
hotrodchick65

I updated my Droid a couple of hours ago. Since then its not saving any of my settings. My email notification is some **bleep** song on my phone that keeps playing (which Ive never assigned to my email), when I try to change the notification sound it wont save my selection. I tried to delete an application which somehow got on my phone and I drag it to the trashcan but when I open up my applications it reappears there. This is frusturating. Is there any way to undelete the **bleep** new upgrade? ....

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
droid_user_123
Enthusiast - Level 2
I wouldn't say it has destroyed my phone, but it's definitely made it even worse than it was before. People still can't hear me, I've hung up on 4 different people accidentally today alone, my browser has frozen on a white screen 3 times in the past two hours, my battery seems to be two hours shorter than it was before since I had to charge it around 6 o'clock today & I don't normally have to charge it untill 8, my gallery takes FOREVER to load, & my gmail no longer notifies me of new email, nor does Facebook. I love my DROID, but I cannot wait for an upgrade.
0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I downloaded the update file last week as I really need the Bluetooth voice dialing. Installed it on my and the wife's Droids -- it took all of about 20 minutes including the download. We have had absolutely NO problems. No hangs, freezes, blips, "M" screens, nada. Battery life is fine, the phone seems much faster, the 5 scerrens are great as I can put related apps where I need them--- etc.  Perhaps OTA is not the best way to get updates after all.

0 Likes
JADroid

OK - need to update on my "M Screen of Death" - went to the store last night - a little over 30 minutes - they ran an update and now 2.2 is running smoothly on my Droid.  

Couple of things - get an app backup and save them - you will prob have your memory wiped.

Make sure your batteries are charged - you will need it.

Somehow - android 2.2 recognized my backed up apps automatically - i don't know how.

So - things are good - loving 2.2 and I am happy.  Sorry that I had to waste the time going to the store - but they knew what the fix was, implemented it and it worked.

Bring on Flash.

0 Likes
Debwallace

My update came this morning. Everything is working fine but I am missing an few icons.  Where is the "Settings" icon? How am I supposed to change my ringtones etc.?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It should be in the app drawer if you hit the little icon with all the squares on the home screen.  You can also hit the Menu button while on the home screen and you should be able to select Settings there too.

0 Likes
floridarosie19

My update arrived yesterday.   I ended up with the M screen of death.   Customer support had me reset the phone to factory settings thereby wiping out all my downloaded apps.    Still frozen.  She then called the local verizon store,  They told her they could flash it and fix it.   Went in and it took 30 minutes.    Phone is now working great with the update.   Still reloading all my apps but at least I have the phone back. 

0 Likes
Debwallace

Well it isn't on the home screen anymore. That is why I couldn't find it. But is is in the menu. Thank you.

0 Likes
JKP

It is difficult to understand why some people have so many problems. It seems that in some way the errors must be caused by certain applications. It might be an interesting study to have those with problems list all the applications on their phones and compare the lists.

My update had no problems and my phone continues to work flawlessly and with increased speed and efficiency.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

JKP wrote:

It is difficult to understand why some people have so many problems. It seems that in some way the errors must be caused by certain applications. It might be an interesting study to have those with problems list all the applications on their phones and compare the lists.

My update had no problems and my phone continues to work flawlessly and with increased speed and efficiency.

My thoughts exactly, especially since most of the issues being reported are so eerily similar.

I'm wondering for example how many people replaced the stock browser with say Dolphin or Opera...

0 Likes