Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
h_a_s_54

It was the best phone I've ever owned. I took the initial 2.2 update and everything proceeded as expected. It was some second update that completely hosed me up. I am extremely frustrated at this point after random freezes, phone lock ups, email synch and just general issues with Outlook, forced closes, errors, etc. I'm not sure what to do except use it as a paper weight. I was a Droid person for life until this latest update. I don't see how something that worked so well could be rendered basically useless...

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
Scott1973

1. Phone constantly freezes now at least 2-3 times a day only fix is pull the battery.

2. Battery performance is extremely poor now

3. Wifi Only works half the time.

4. Callers can not hear me or barely can hear me says call quality is poor. 

5. Overall performance is much slower i.e. opening apps and emails.

6. clicking on the screen sometimes doesn't open what you clicked on.

7. Blue tooth seems to cut in and out i.e. while in a call it just disconnects then a few minutes later reconnects.

I have taken the phone to Verizon and they tell me there is nothing wrong with it. it even froze up on the tech guy and he said thats normal for the Droids ( yeah right) haven't heard that before.

they then tried to get me to pay full price for the Droid X which at that point some lady was brining her back cause her phone had crapped out on her. that was a strong selling point if i do say so myself.

Verizon seems to have cared less that i was having issues since the new update. Said if I continue to just do a factory reset. That seems to always be their answer. God forbid they actually test this stuff properly before pushing it out. All they really wanted to do was sell me a newer phone at full price. If i had faith in AT&T i would switch to them. So until AT&T or VZW fix their issues i guess I'm stuck with a useless phone that works only half of the time.

0 Likes
kad771

I received the latest update saturday night, even installed latest version of Flash that night. No problems until this morning. Alarm went off as normal, checked a few emails. looked at phone a few min later and had this message:

bootloader

2C.7C

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

I tried a forced reboot, no luck. Finally called Verizon tonight. They say this issue has not yet been reported, so they'll alert Motorola. They told me I would have to do the forced wipe of my phone, so I did (power + X, then camera button+volume up). It failed. So now they have to send me a new phone. Very unhappy. This will be the 4th Droid in the past few months. Prior to this, my screen went completely dead, they sent replacement that had exact same issue, then finally one that worked. Now, thanks to the update, I'm without a phone again. I was really looking forward to this update...but now I see it's nothing but trouble!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Haven't run into the issue personally but another forum member posted the same thing last week I believe.  Google RSDlite and unbricking a droid.  If you have a PC and can follow directions, you can get your phone back from just about anything.  

0 Likes
djh37

I have had major issues since the update and have spent over an hour resetting the phone with support. Also, I installed the last patch but am still having issues. My main concern now is that I spend most of my day behind the wheel of a car and use my phone as an mp3 player through the audio jack. Everytime I receive a call or text it shuts down the audio jack and after the call cannot get the music to play without restarting the phone. When you have to constantly restart the phone it gets really annoying.

0 Likes
kbm9825

Ok, I have a Moto Droid and loved the device. Even though Verizon decides to release the Droid 2 less than three weeks after I get my Droid and in less than 6 months from when I got the Droid they release the Droid X (Note: Before I got the Droid I had a Blackberry 9530 Storm, but wait less than two months later here comes the Blackberry Storm 2.) Now could the VZW sales lady inform me about a new model to be released. Of course not but I had waited two years with them to upgrade and when I asked about trading the Droid with the Droid 2 for a small fee.... No Dice. But but that is another story all together. Back to the 2.2 My Droid worked great until the 2.2 update and two days later I had turned it off at night to sleep and the next morning it took me approximately 4 hours of hard resets and starting in safe mode to get the little devil to where I could at a minimum make and receive calls. Went to the local VZW store here in Hilton Head Island over the Labor Day weekend because enough  was enough. Now back at my usually store in High Point the sales and support staff tend to balk at replacing the device. However, when I couldn't get my the Droid to replicate the freezing and phantom screen taps and scrolls in front of the employee for this Verizon store, he states "that's fine We will just send you a new device with overnight priority, that way you can get out of here and back to your vacation." What I really would have loved would be for Verizon would have allowed me to upgrade my Droid to the X , for a fee of course.

0 Likes
pcolevr
Allow me to add my 2 cents here. I own a Moto Droid that was an almost perfect phone before Froyo. I now get about 1.5 hours battery life on a full charge on a good day. Verizon has replaced the battery, the charger and now ultimately the whole phone with NO IMPROVEMENT. I called Verizon and they instructed me to go to the store, which I did. I explained my problem, went through all the "fixes" that didn't fix, including the hours and hours I have spent researching this problem on this and other forums. I was told (in no uncertain terms) by the Verizon representative at the store, was that it is a problem with Google - that the first edition Droids are not fully set up to "handle" Froyo and that a large percentage of owners are experiencing the battery life problem. I asked what the *&#* I was supposed to do as I rely on this phone for my livelihood and the rep suggested I call again and demand I be given a Droid 2. I really don't see that happening, so in the meantime I have a completely useless device unless you count the hour it will operate off a charger. Today it was completely charged and discharged 6 times during the course of the day, and that was with very minimal use. I have installed solutions and uninstalled what people suggested as problems and nothing has changed. Anyone have any comments on this?
0 Likes
CasB

After the 2.2 update, the zoom on the video camera no longer works. I used to be able to pinch to zoom, even while the camera was recording, but can't anymore. Can you re-enable that feature?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

pcolevr wrote:
Allow me to add my 2 cents here. I own a Moto Droid that was an almost perfect phone before Froyo. I now get about 1.5 hours battery life on a full charge on a good day. Verizon has replaced the battery, the charger and now ultimately the whole phone with NO IMPROVEMENT. I called Verizon and they instructed me to go to the store, which I did. I explained my problem, went through all the "fixes" that didn't fix, including the hours and hours I have spent researching this problem on this and other forums. I was told (in no uncertain terms) by the Verizon representative at the store, was that it is a problem with Google - that the first edition Droids are not fully set up to "handle" Froyo and that a large percentage of owners are experiencing the battery life problem. I asked what the *&#* I was supposed to do as I rely on this phone for my livelihood and the rep suggested I call again and demand I be given a Droid 2. I really don't see that happening, so in the meantime I have a completely useless device unless you count the hour it will operate off a charger. Today it was completely charged and discharged 6 times during the course of the day, and that was with very minimal use. I have installed solutions and uninstalled what people suggested as problems and nothing has changed. Anyone have any comments on this?

Sounds like an app issue or something botched with your google account that's synced to the phone. Make sure you don't have a task killer.  You should be able to see what's using the battery in Settings under About Phone-Battery Use.  You can also dial *#*#4636#*#* and view usage under Battery History.

0 Likes
MeMa8080

The upgrade totally messed up my phone.  Battery would not hold a charge and no longer able to sync with Microsoft Exchange.   Did a hard reset, that fixed the battery issue, but still cannot sync to the Exchange.  Fortunately my Apps were backed up to Google, but still have to reconfigure the phone set up.

0 Likes