Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
lybra975
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the 2.2 update I have been having numerous issues. The most recent one was the "text message memory full" and the "low storage space" messages. I have cleared my messages and still continue to get the message. I can send but not receive. I have also cleared my phone history, removed apps, moved apps to the sd card, cleared my cache, and a battery pull. I think it pretty rediculous that after owning a phone for 9 months I have to do a factory reset to fix the problem. What a pain in the **bleep** to have to do. Considering you have to sign up for a 2 year contract and cant trade it in, the phones should be made to last 2 years.

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

There's a lot of crud that can build up over 9 months though.  It's kind of like a PC.  If you go without ever having to reformat, then you're lucky.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello. I have read your post and understand your frustration with the update. Here are some steps you can take to fix the issues.

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Select "reboot Phone"

5. Allow the reboot process to complete until phone completely powers up

***Performing a hard reset will remove ALLdata including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.***

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes
SandiK

I am still not able to use my exchange mail and contacts.  Today my internet stopped working.  When will it be fixed?????

0 Likes
tjch23

ive had the 2.2 update for a while now and i was hoping things would get better with it...my droid 1 continually crashes and freezes...all my apps force close all the time....my screen flips itself upside down and stays on even if i remove the battery...my battery life, or lack thereof, is horrible. my droid will last 3-4 hours without dying...if i have app killer on...and dont use it all. i wish i still had my blackberry.

0 Likes
ca4nbld

Something happen to my phone as of yesterday 9-29-2010

the screen is going nutts thru all kinds of different things as if someone else is doing it. I cannot do anmything.

I took the battery out and did a factory rest ...nothing. went to the store and they did a hard reset nothing..they are sending me a new phone, but i am without a phone for 2 days and my cell is my only phone.

0 Likes
mrwilkins99

well, i filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

i can't take this {word filter avoidance}
anymore.

i listed all my complaints which are pretty much the same as everyone else's and asked for a Droid without the 2.2 update or for a Droid X with the battery cover and battery.

or {word filter avoidance}
 it, i'll go to another provider. i left one company for the Droid and have no problem leaving becasue of the Droid

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

Drrroooid wrote:

I've had my Droid since Nov. '09.  Never had issues.  Updated to 2.2 and still LOVE my Droid!!!  No problems with any apps or battery life.  I must be another one of the many, many "lucky" ones! :robotvery-happy:

You're not alone.  My son and I got our Droids in June this year.

Since the updates, both phones have performed flawlessly, with noticiable improvements in speed and reliability, especially within the browser & GPS apps.  Battery life actually improved as well.  I haven't reset or turned my phone off in a month.  I charge it nightly (sometimes not) and I haven't seen the battery drop below 70% yet.

0 Likes
bmeyer68

I'm guessing that my problems are due to the 2.2 update, because before it I never had any issues. Lately anything that involves using the speakers (Youtube, Pandora, even the alarm clock) causes the most awful noise I've ever heard. It sounds like when a cassette tape gets pulled apart while it's playing, plus on Youtube, the video slows down or stalls and the noise continues. And sometimes when I call out, the person on the other end receives no sound from me (can't hear me talking) until we hang up and they call me back. Several of my apps won't function now either (Shazam especially). I AM SO SICK OF HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY PHONE. I take really good care of it and it's in a case, so it's definitely not messed up because I've dropped it or something.

0 Likes
Codedemon23

i got the droid july 13th and i loved it. i had an enV2 before it, but i needed to get with the times. everything was great until the 2.2 update. i was so hyped over flash 10.1 and tethering. i was waiting and waiting for it and then one morning i got the little pop-up. i was excited and i installed it. a week or 2 later i started to notice that after u took the phone out of sleep mode and unlocked it the icons on the home screen took an extra 20 seconds to come up. then i started getting launcher force close messages. then browser fc's. and now im getting messaging fc's. after being fed up with my droid in late august i learned that THE DROID 2 CAME OUT 1 MONTH LATER! i was so mad. i think there should be some kind of courtesy upgrade for this (yes i know theres a warranty and yes i know i missed it...). i called up apple after i got my macbook and i got OS X snow leopard for free because i got my mac right when snow leopard came out. 

but i digress...

i called verizon today and this guy made me hard reset my phone. i did it and nothing got better. now im missing my favorite apps and i dont really want to go digging in the marketplace for the free ones...

tl;dr

the phone went south after 2.2 and customer support made me wipe my phone for nothing

i bought late but the droid 2 came out soon after. 

I WANT RETRIBUTION FOR THIS! 

0 Likes