If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
frankthetank775

I did the 2.2 update today and my phone has frozen up on me several time, I have had to perform a master reset. Phone froze while trying to activate the phone again took almost an hour to get the phone fully active, in a matter of 20 minutes my phone went from having 3/4 battery life to dead.

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Not surprising that it took a while to get going after a factory reset.  Froyo automatically redownloads your apps, settings, etc on first boot so it can take 30-45min or more for everything to start running smoothly, maybe longer if you're using 3G instead of wifi to sync everything. 

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
beatnik

Got my update on Sunday morning and updated without issue.  Ran Froyo 2.2 for 3 days never turning off the phone.  It's my primary line so I never turn it off.  Turned it off to board a flight this morning and it hasn't worked since.  Just keeps freezing/locking or rebooting.  Sometimes it will turn on sometimes it just sits with the moto logo and has to have the battery pulled.  

At first I was able to make a few calls and it would run for 5-10 minutes, but now it won't stay active for more than a minute.  Tried a factory reset to no avail.  It's basically a brick.  Which really **bleep** me off since I kind of need my phone while away on business.  Went into a store here and they said they will ship a new phone to my office to be waiting for me when I get back Friday.  Which means I'm probably getting a POS refurb.

0 Likes
tommy1892

My phone went to update, now its froze and wont work. To make things worse it happens on a night I really need my phone. GARBAGE!!!!!

0 Likes
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

it is probably one of your apps causing the problems also uninstall task killer.any app that is acting weird unstall and install again. I manually down loaded update and mine works great good battery life too 

0 Likes
frankthetank775

I was a verizon tech. I have been troubleshooting the droid from day one. I know that its the 2.2 update.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Zero problems here. I downloaded and installed 2.2 and Flash Player.
0 Likes
beatnik

It's not an app.  I factory reset the phone which removes all the apps.   It's plugged in (AC outlet charger) next to my laptop and I've watched it reboot itself 4 times in the past 10 minutes.  Right now it's just sitting on the M screen

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

OTA arrived last Tuesday, I woke my phone first thing in the morning & it was waiting. 

I turned off ADW Launcher and reverted back to a stock Home screen when the OTA arrived.

THEN I let it update.  I clicked "Install" and went downstairs to let my two dogs out and grap a cup of coffee.

By the time I came back up my Droid was already sitting at the new Home screen - total install time & reboot was UNDER 4 minutes.  It's performed flawlessly since, better than new.  I switched ADW back on and everything was exactly as I left it.

I have had zero problems, and seen nothing but improvements.

The browser and GPS apps are especially fast.  No Wi-fi issues, no lag of any kind, and no battery issues.

In fact, the battery life seems to have actually improved.  The overall speed -definitely- has.

Everything works as expected and it just flies.

Just lucky I guess.

0 Likes
vannie723
My phone is now super slowwww an has froze up on me, its really bugging me my phone never did this before the update. I thought the update was supposed to be a good thing???!! WTH
0 Likes