Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

I apologize that you are having problems with the update.  If you have a taskmanager appliction on the device, try removing it or changing its settings.  

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen). 
Touch Settings. 
Touch Applications.
Touch Manage Applications.
Touch the desired application. 
Touch Uninstall. 
Touch OK. 
Touch OK. 

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

madroid1 wrote:

My D1 is currently running fast enough to smoke anything on the market including iphone 4.

You sure about that?  I hate using quadrant as it really isn't a good benchmark since it's inconsistent and easily exploited but here's my slightly "tweaked" Fascinate not even running Froyo yet.

0 Likes
madroid1

PJNC284 wrote:

madroid1 wrote:

My D1 is currently running fast enough to smoke anything on the market including iphone 4.

You sure about that?  I hate using quadrant as it really isn't a good benchmark since it's inconsistent and easily exploited but here's my slightly "tweaked" Fascinate not even running Froyo yet.

Very Nice!, I like linepak as a better benchmark but quadrant has a pretty graph..LOL. as far as "market" I meant anything you can buy off the shelf. My cousin as a "tweeked" DX that puts my D1 to shame.

0 Likes
CarpePM

I'm sincerely glad to hear you "tweakers" aren't experiencing any of the issues this particular forum string is about.  Now, please stop boasting that your phones aren't FUBAR and help the rest of us find a way to "tweak" our way back to fully functioning phones again!

Thanks.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Linpack really isn't that great of a test either as it seems to be optimized for devices with Qualcomm processors like the Snapdragon.  It's somewhat ok if you're on the same line of devices but comparing one of the HTC devices to a Motorola or Samsung device is like comparing apples to oranges.

CarpePM wrote:

I'm sincerely glad to hear you "tweakers" aren't experiencing any of the issues this particular forum string is about.  Now, please stop boasting that your phones aren't FUBAR and help the rest of us find a way to "tweak" our way back to fully functioning phones again!

Thanks.

Unfortunately, we can't really help you with "tweaking" here as it's technically against your TOS and can void your warranty if you don't return it back to stock.  If you're relatively tech savvy, I'd recommend AndroidCentral.com or one of the other Android specific forums.

0 Likes
Milhouse670

The ability to have your phone on silent is gone--- even using the power button to put it on silent mode, i get a vibrate and a noise with it...

PLus have been having issues with being on a call and the phone just completely locks up...

Still like the droid and the operating system, but this is my 3rd droid in 5.5 months... i have replaced twice for mouthpiece speaker issues.... starting to have those again

0 Likes
Mickeym88
Having same problem. Consistant lags and blank screen freezes. The real problem is verizon says they have never heard of the problem. Or you get the remove app's canned response. The problem is clearly 2.2. Just a huge dissapointment that verizon won't own up to a problem that is vlearly there. Can't respect a company that shifts blame. I love the phone and just want it to work. For the very first time in 10 years I'm considering alternatives to verizon and its not price or quality its customer service. Sad that I might change providers over your inability to admit your over tested os build that is not true to google's intent had broke my phone and you are simple pointing fingers and shifting blame. Just sad. Bill in lakeland florida
0 Likes
Fatkid73

I currently use the Motorola Droid.  The last update (or at least it seems last 2 updates very close together) in September have completely killed my service at my home.  In fact, I had flawless reception in/around my home for the past 11 months since my purchase of the Droid  until the latest update(s).  I have relatively few apps on my phone as I am not much of an app guy.  Now I have to deal with the following:

*Little to NO reception

*Battery drain - probably due to the lack of reception

*Texts do not send - have to walk around my home to send a text

*Can not send pictures by text, it takes forever for the images to send (if they even go through)

*e-mails do not sync (forget it if you have any other e-mail accounts other than Google)

*Camera just STINKS...Period! - But that is a different issue.

I am sure that Verizon must know of these issues.  I am also open for any suggestions or updates on-line that anyone knows about for the Droid 1. 

0 Likes
max3000in99

Is it an issues with manual install being different then OTA? Those with problems, are you using OTA or manual install? Also the same question for those who have no problem. Lets see if its an issue.

0 Likes
CarpePM

My Motorola Droid (original) IS experiencing problems.  The 2.2 update was OTA.  My phone is 100% factory with the exception of the apps I've downloaded - which I have a list of but, it's a long long list.  I have not rooted it or done any "tweaking"... yet.

0 Likes