1. Backup everything you dont want to lose
2. Turn off backround data and sync (settings>accounts and sync)
3. Change date to October 21, 2010 (settings>date and time)
4. Turn off phone
5 Turn on phone
6. Go into dialer and dial *#*#2432546#*#* DO NOT HIT CALL (this is *#*#checkin#*#*)
7. When it confirms checkin, go to settings>about phone>system updates
HOPEFULLY it will tell you there is an update.
ONCE you update, do a factory reset (recommended, not mandatory).
Reload your backedup stuff and enjoy!
This is not rooted, this is not downloading the RUU, THIS just tricks your phone into checking for the update. It DID work for me and many others. The idea came direct from HTC. They said your phone checks for updates every 3 weeks. This should force the check sooner.