Re: If you receive the HTC Droid Incredible Froyo update, please post here.
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

Received my update yesterday at 6pm (could have had it earlier, but it said my battery was too low to complete the installation).  I received my phone on 4/29.  Strange, my wife got her phone a week after I did, yet she received her update the day before I did.

0 Likes

Got the auto update yesterday and it has been rebooting ever since. Seems to do it more the weaker the signal is. Makes the phone totally useless. Sure would like to find a way to go back to the old version.

0 Likes
kelbell8564

Received mine at 3:00 this morning.  Haven't really explored it yet, or had a chance to notice any issues.  Was really disappointed that there was no swype keyboard, which I had been told by 2 techs at my local Verizon store would be included in the download...maybe I am just not finding it. 

0 Likes
kennethmgreen

Mine updated this morning while I was in the car driving to work. Probably should have waited, but said yes anyway. The cool Droid wake up screen stayed locked on my Incredible for a long time (maybe 4-5 minutes) so I pulled the battery. After reboot, went to Droid wake up screen again, then finally showed home screen.

Lots and lots of Force closes. Lots of apps that won't stay killed after killing with Advanced Task Killer. Swype appears to be doomed. Continuous force closes - I disabled it for now. A handful of apps that are just GONE now. Home screen shortcut says app is no longer installed on my phone. What does that mean? The update literally uninstalled the app, or it just wasn't compatible with 2.2? (Example apps: GotToDo and CalorieCounter - both gone).

Any ideas?

0 Likes
hmg

Received at 9 a.m. just as I was pulling out of driveway to head to work.

Haven't had time to check it out (other than the screen rotation aspects).

Was a little miffed that it insisted on resetting many of my syncronization settings.  Also alarmed about the fact that while I have the device plugged in, it is LOSING POWER on the battery.  What the heck is up with that?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you have not rebooted the phone since the update, that could be your charging issue.

0 Likes
crampdog

My Wife just received the update.  I was interested in using the WiFi hotspot as so many people are and am beyond **bleep** that Verizon is choosing to disable the Android feature and charging an addition $20 \ month to extend your cel phone data plan.  Cheap and sleazy is the only way to describe this move.  I purchased this phone specifically to tether my iPads that I intentionally purchased without 3G service (because my Android phone would have this capability with Froyo) only to find that the money grubbing know nothings at Verizon are intentionally re-engineering the OS to not allow this functionality.  I pay $340 \ month for my phone service, is this not enough ?   Profits before people  !

I am done with Verizon - when my plan expires I am going to another company that is interested in providing useful services to their customers.  I only wish I could get out of my contract now - actually, this looks like breach of contract to me, perhaps I can get out....

Also, I think they owe me 2 iPads with 3G service...  

- cd

0 Likes
y2julio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Correct me if I'm wrong but all carriers with Froyo enabled devices charge for the 3G Mobile hotspot, unless you root the device or have the nexus one.

0 Likes
hminlee

FL here. 10am update complete.

It sucks.

Huge batttery drain.

Force close browser

Restarting pieces of crap apps

How can I fix the issue " force close browser" ????? need help!!! Please.

P.S. Before updating Incredible, there have been so many issues of other phones (EVO, etc) after updating. Unless they fixed it, why did they update it anyway?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

sorry crampdog. but your device ALWAYS had the ability to tether. the htc inc has had tethering capability since it was released. it was a big selling point. at the time it came out it was the ONLY device with this capability. and to use the services there was always clearly a fee. i'm sorry you didn't realize that, but did you think they were going to "throw in" a feature that they charge mobile broadband users $60-$90/month for? again, i'm sorry you didn't realize this, but some homework would have quickly shown that you could've been tethering (for a fee) since you got those ipads. there's no breach of contract. however....if you just pay the fee to get out of the contract, you could switch to another carrier and get a subsidized device (which would make up for the termination fee) with hot spot capabilities.....and pay that carriers fee for the use of it, as they will also charge.

0 Likes