Re: If you receive the HTC Droid Incredible Froyo update, please post here.
crampdog

> if you are that informed with all of this, how could you not know they charge for it?

Sure, I knew Verizon had an extra dataplan for doing this.  I knew about the capabilities of FROYO and could see the conflict - who knew what HTC\Verizon would do with it.  They could allow it and keep someone like me that pays >$4000 \ year (5 phones) happy, or keep trying to milk every cent out of us.

> we have discussed this for months on forums. again...it's a bad situation and i'd LOVE to have free mobile hot spot, but this is in now way a breach of contract. anyhow....just go get an app that does it.

My wife has 2.2, my phone does not and it might perhaps have WiFi hotspot capabilities.  I know it's not a breach of contract - just a bit of hyperbole on my part :smileyhappy:

cd

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah,...they'll milk us (at least me). unfortunately they are still the best available provider (and most expensive). i'm in the desert and they are they ONLY carrier i can rely on so i'll go on payin them.

0 Likes
firestopper505

yeah its kind of insane. i connected to my comp and felt like i was in a hotel room for internet. having to sign up for a package. if you have a qualifying package its as low as 15 bucks a month. pretty crazy when i pay for unlimited everything.

0 Likes
theblackabbot

Got the 2.2 update today at about 7:45am.  It took about 10 minutes to complete download and install.  I have noticed that battery life is somewhat improved.  I used a barcode scanner on a book and then checked amazon and that seems to move remarkably faster than before. 

What exactly does 2.2 give you besides HD video recording functions?

0 Likes
bubbler61

Thanks for the suggestion, eventually the internet started working without doing anything, email is working partially messages are disappearing from my inbox without deleting and some emails won't delete, froyo has some issues.

0 Likes
remorc

yeah I got mine yesterday but I don't think the adobe flash is working can anybody help I have app brain on my phone and everytime I sync with app brain it tells me its not installed and I click on it to to install and it says it cannot be opened not it has disappeared from my list on app Brian anybody know what's up

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

remorc.....flash 10.1 came with the update. you shouldn't have to install it. you do have to make sure plug-ins are enabled in your browser settings though. don't check app brain. look settings-->applications-->manage applications.....is adobe flash 10.1 in there? if so then it's running (assuming plug ins are enabled).

blackabbot.....twice as fast, 720p video recording, move/install apps to the sd card, become a mobile hot spot (for a fee) and a lot of other interface type of stuff. much more....but what i listed are the big features.

0 Likes
mamabighed

I received it at 8am this morning.  Had to uninstall my Automatic Task Killer because I all of a sudden had apps on my phone that I never installed.  The ATK was bringing them in.  They were killing my battery. 

0 Likes
Saguaro

I got mine this morning, so far no issues.  I'm in Phoenix, AZ.

0 Likes
nikkel247

still haven't gotten my update. i'm in PA right outside of Philly. i wanted to know, since there are quite a few complaints about the  bloatware that comes with the new update, if i were to get the froyo update elsewhere will that also include this bloatware? and does getting the update elsewhere mean i need to root my phone? thanks!

0 Likes