Re: If you receive the HTC Droid Incredible Froyo update, please post here.
kansaswrangler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got mine this morning - Kansas. Hate that wen I kill apps they don't stay dead.

0 Likes
francisp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got mine at 6.30am PST and I am very happy with this update. If you need more details about my decesion to go ahead & do this update, please visit this link:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/Is-it-really-worth-to-update-to-2-2-or-wait-till...

0 Likes
azcarman

Got it this AM.  It installed in about 10 min no problems

0 Likes
disposablehero8

Got mine a couple nights ago, pretty painless.

The Good:

I've noticed my battery life lasting a bit longer, even though my Advanced Task Killer app seems to not be working very well anymore (it doesn't seem to actually kill any apps that are running. I'll kill them, then re-open the app and they're all running again). Everything does seem to run a little bit faster than before. Not a major enhancement, but still decent. 720p video seems to work.

The Bad:

A bunch of new programs that I'll never use, and that I can't uninstall. VZ Navigator? Yeah, let me pay $9.99/month to use an app instead of the free one that comes built into the OS. Don't care about Stocks, I don't want Amazon MP3 or Skype Mobile. Why can't I have the option to uninstall these?

Pretty upset about the 3G mobile hotspot feature requiring a separate subscription. In the several weeks I've been hearing about that being a feature of Froyo, and that I'll get it on my phone, not once did anyone mention that it requires an extra $20/month to use! I even saw a commercial for the Droid X that same night that solely advertised the 3G hotspot feature, and it didn't say anything about a subscription plan (unless it was in really tiny text that blends in with the background).

Overall: I don't really notice enough of a difference to matter. If anything now there's just more useless stuff I have to sort through to get to the apps I want to use. Seems as if Verizon wanted to make as much money as possible with this update. I already have to pay a minimum $90/month for this phone, I don't want to pay for anything else if I don't have to, especially if it copies the functionality of something I already have for free!

0 Likes
tr1kst4nce

Got mine this morning, Indianapolis, IN.

Seems to be working fine so far.  Certain things are SLIGHTLY sluggish.  I have to wait a mili second longer for certain things to go through when i press a button, but not a big deal.  I assume thats due to the pretty effects and stuff with htc sense.

A few new things installed that come with the update, that I don't want.  We'll see after a day or 2 what things run and what don't, and what things google shuts down automatically and how the battery does.

FYI.. I have the 1750mah from seidio, which has been working great.

0 Likes
justme12345

Received the update at 11:40 this am.  No problems.  Speed seems about the same, and can not tell any difference yet in battery drain. Battery not charging while on USB, but not draining either, and laptop is not plugged in.   Download/turned off phone/ removed battery/ reinstalled battery/ restarted phone - works great, and am now in my tethered laptop!  Love the update so far.

0 Likes
sharp1

got mine today 3pm est philadelphia yay!

0 Likes
NancyL

FYI one of the new features to the upgrade is that you can now turn your phone in *either* direction to get a horizontal view. After two days, the frequency of those annyoying new battery-draining apps, ie Amazon MP3, Verizon Navigator and Skype Mobile, seem to be popping up less often. I noticed that there is now a Beta Version of Advanced App Killer for Froyo now available in the App Market, but haven't tried it out yet.

0 Likes
cspeigle

Got mine yesterday morning - have been having serious battery drain problems ever since. My battery life seems to have decreased by 50% . . .  also noticed similar other annoying issues that have been posted - app killer not working (which I have now unistalled), skype and vz mobile opening without me using them, and the lock/unlock not always consistent. Mostly concerned about how to get my battery life back to a decent state. I can't stay away from a charger for more than an a couple of hours without a risk of shutting down completely.

0 Likes
Coyote1

I've been Froyo'd !  It happened about 10:30 this a.m. It has to be a sign of the apocalypse !  No problems so far, however it took 4 hours for my internet to come to life........I'm in Southern Missouri.

0 Likes