Inactive Power Down
reisenberg

Droid 2 World, My Droid completely powers down after a long period of inactivity.  It matters not whether it is plugged into a charger, multimedia station or not.  I go bed at night and wake up in the morning and it is off.  How do I stop this from happening,  when I turn it on, I want it to stay on until I turn it off.

0 Likes
Re: Inactive Power Down
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try checking the applications that you have downloaded, there maybe a problem with an application that is causing the device to power off when idle.  

If you can not isolate the problem you might want to try Factory Reset on the device. 

Factory Reset  - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Power on phone while pressing "X" key on qwerty keypad - release "X" and power key after you see Motorola batwings.
  3. You should now see an "!" in a triangle with Android guy
  4. Press the "Search" key on qwerty keypad to enter factory menu, this will unhide the menu and show the following options
    1. Reboot system Now
    2. Apply sdcard:update.zip
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Cache Partition
  5. Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" and then use Camera side key or Menu key to select "wipe data/factory reset"
  6. Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to  "Yes delete all user data" and then use Camera key to select "Yes - delete all user data"
  7. Wait for operation to complete (maybe 1 minute or so) and then press camera key to select "reboot system now"
0 Likes
jbradleya
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  Very annoying....makes me wan tto go back to my BB Storm

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

reisenberg wrote:

Droid 2 World, My Droid completely powers down after a long period of inactivity.  It matters not whether it is plugged into a charger, multimedia station or not.  I go bed at night and wake up in the morning and it is off.  How do I stop this from happening,  when I turn it on, I want it to stay on until I turn it off.

have you checked your screen timeout settings? under settings>display>screen timeout

what about your battery settings? settings>battery manager

0 Likes