Incoming Calls Sent Straight to Voice Mail
slolife

This problem seems to be linked to screen blanking. If I allow the screen to go dark by itself (after the preset number of seconds--30, in my case), all incoming phone calls will be sent direct to voice mail without ringing. I get a notice, then, if they leave a voice mail...but of course they have already hung up and I can't answer the call. People who don't leave a voice mail, I never know that they have called.

If I shut down the screen manually, phone calls ring as usual and I can anwer them. I have been to two different Verizon stores to have this checked out. They have removed the battery and reinstalled it, and also have reprogrammed a couple of times. They've also checked bunches of settings to be sure I haven't accidentally pressed a wrong button somewhere. Still, this happens. If I do not manually shut down the screen, I lose my incoming calls.

Any ideas? I love my phone and would hate to return it, but that may be my only option. I shouldn't have to manually shut off my screen after every operation in order to receive calls.

0 Likes
Re: Incoming Calls Sent Straight to Voice Mail
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

slolife wrote:

This problem seems to be linked to screen blanking. If I allow the screen to go dark by itself (after the preset number of seconds--30, in my case), all incoming phone calls will be sent direct to voice mail without ringing. I get a notice, then, if they leave a voice mail...but of course they have already hung up and I can't answer the call. People who don't leave a voice mail, I never know that they have called.

If I shut down the screen manually, phone calls ring as usual and I can anwer them. I have been to two different Verizon stores to have this checked out. They have removed the battery and reinstalled it, and also have reprogrammed a couple of times. They've also checked bunches of settings to be sure I haven't accidentally pressed a wrong button somewhere. Still, this happens. If I do not manually shut down the screen, I lose my incoming calls.

Any ideas? I love my phone and would hate to return it, but that may be my only option. I shouldn't have to manually shut off my screen after every operation in order to receive calls.

If you have been to two different Verizon Wireless stores and your phone's concerns have not been resolved after our representatives did some troubleshooting steps, you may need to consider a phone replacement. Keep in mind that your phone includes a manufacturer’s warranty that will provide a Certified Like New Replacement phone identical to your current device. For more details please visit the link below:

Certified Like-New Replacement Program

0 Likes