Incoming Phone Calls Go Straight into Basic Voicemail - Can not be intercepted
nursenancy

I have a Droid Charge - I have basic Voicemail - When an outside phone call comes in, I can not answer it direct - it only goes into Basic Voicemail, then I have to retrieve it and call back -Why? - How can I fix? I  like voice mail but this is awkward and inefficieint! Thank You in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Incoming Phone Calls Go Straight into Basic Voicemail - Can not be intercepted
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

could you have accidentally forwarded your calls to voice mail?

0 Likes
Re: Incoming Phone Calls Go Straight into Basic Voicemail - Can not be intercepted
jeparham
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing started happening to me today:  ALL calls go directly to voice mail.

And since I have no idea how to forward ALL calls to voice mail, I feel pretty certain that's not what has happened to my phone.

DaveMax

I have a Note II.  Just recently, I find that after a period of no calls, incoming calls go straight to voicemail.  Sometimes they ring at the phone first, but then hang up immediately - usually, however, there is no indication at the phone at all.  If I then call out, subsequent incoming calls are just fine.  I have seen other posts complaining about similar problems, but all indications are Verizon has no idea what this is or how to fix it.  It seems making a call every hour or two stops the system getting into this state?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Try doing the following:   http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=17268  You can also call your own cell phone from a landline and when the recording starts playing hit the # key Enter your pass code. Then when you hear administrative options I think its 4 it says to turn voicemail on or off press???  There are other options as well.  But look at the web site I gave a link to and try those first.  Good Luck

0 Likes