Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Incoming Phone Calls Go Straight into Basic Voicemail - Can not be intercepted
nursenancy

I have a Droid Charge - I have basic Voicemail - When an outside phone call comes in, I can not answer it direct - it only goes into Basic Voicemail, then I have to retrieve it and call back -Why? - How can I fix? I  like voice mail but this is awkward and inefficieint! Thank You in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Incoming Phone Calls Go Straight into Basic Voicemail - Can not be intercepted
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

could you have accidentally forwarded your calls to voice mail?

0 Likes
Re: Incoming Phone Calls Go Straight into Basic Voicemail - Can not be intercepted
jeparham

Same thing started happening to me today:  ALL calls go directly to voice mail.

And since I have no idea how to forward ALL calls to voice mail, I feel pretty certain that's not what has happened to my phone.

DaveMax

I have a Note II.  Just recently, I find that after a period of no calls, incoming calls go straight to voicemail.  Sometimes they ring at the phone first, but then hang up immediately - usually, however, there is no indication at the phone at all.  If I then call out, subsequent incoming calls are just fine.  I have seen other posts complaining about similar problems, but all indications are Verizon has no idea what this is or how to fix it.  It seems making a call every hour or two stops the system getting into this state?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Try doing the following:   http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=17268  You can also call your own cell phone from a landline and when the recording starts playing hit the # key Enter your pass code. Then when you hear administrative options I think its 4 it says to turn voicemail on or off press???  There are other options as well.  But look at the web site I gave a link to and try those first.  Good Luck

0 Likes