Incomplete install update - now can't receive texts, WiFi probs, etc.
newscmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like many others I'm reading about on here, I finally agreed to install an update - only to get rid of the pop up message I kept getting - and the reboot never happened.  I rebooted on my own after the install was stuck forever.    Ever since then, I can send but not receive text messages, I can only access internet, receive and send emails, etc. when I connect to my home or office WiFi.  No more automatically connecting anywhere - so no connectivity while on the road.  Sometimes while in public places, I can search for an unsecured WiFi connection, tell it to connect, and get a connection, but not always.  I am not a techie person and don't even know what to call it -- I just know that until last week, my phone was always connected to the net, I had access to emails, etc.  And how in the world can I send texts but not receive them?  I've run through all of these steps in the Trouble shooting area for receiving texts and for internet connection and it appears that my settings are all correct.  I don't want to have to do the Reset  since it looks like I'll loose all sorts of data on my phone that I have no idea how to back up somewhere.   Help!

0 Likes
Re: Incomplete install update - now can't receive texts, WiFi probs, etc.
KaraDawn8411

I can not connect to anything on phone and I just bought I cant connect to wifi nothing i don't know what VPN I am suppose to be choicing

0 Likes
Re: Incomplete install update - now can't receive texts, WiFi probs, etc.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nescmom! I understand the need of having a working device at all times. A software update is supposed to enhance your device and not cause any  issues. Have you tried to connect to another WiFi connection? Was a hard reset done ater the software update? It is recommended. Here is how: http://vz.to/14tufmP

Please be sure that contacts and photos are backed up before resetting device. If the WiFi and text message issue persists, send me a private message and I can assist further.

Thank you,  

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes