Incredible 2 Will Not Turn On
ksickels

My HTC Droid Incredible 2 froze today while I was text messaging.  I tried to turn the phone off using the power button, but the phone was completely frozen.  I took out the battery to turn it off, but have not been able to get it to turn back on.  I tried plugging it in to charge and nothing happens.  I have also tried to do a factory reset on the phone, but again, nothing happens.  I have not dropped the phone or physically damaged it in any way other than normal wear.  The phone has was lagging considerably for the past few weeks, but I have never had this issue before.  I also fully charged it less than 2 hours before this happened, so I don't think it's out of battery either.

Very frustrating!  I am hoping someone else has had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Incredible 2 Will Not Turn On
Not applicable

Thanks for posting. In order to resolve your issue can you please PM me your mobile telephone number so I can research your account and get you an answer? Thanks.

0 Likes
danastar1319

I have also run into this issue with my Droid Incredible. Any solutions?

0 Likes
austin_sitzmann

Mine would not power on toady. I hooked it up to my computer and it turned on. it must not have been getting juice from the wall charger

0 Likes
arolon921

I have a droid incredible 2 and it is in excellent condition. Has never been out of the otter box, dropped, wet, over heated... nothing. Today the screen froze while I was texting and would not unfreeze so I took the battery out to reset it and it never turned back on. It has at least 70% battery. Never the less it will not charge. What should I do??

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi arolon921,

I feel your pain; I use my phone all day and I can see how inconvenient it is not being able to power on your device. While you indicate that phone has 70% charge, my first recommendation would be to charge your phone overnight and ensure that the electrical outlet being used is providing power to the phone. If phone fails to power on after it has been fully charged I would recommend trying a Factory Reset and since your phone does not power on please try the alternate method instructions at the reset link.

If the above options fail to power your phone and if it is within the one year manufacturer's warranty you may qualify for a Certified Like New Replacement if no water/physical damage exist.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
houston2be

I've had the same problem twice in the past week now and it's really irritating. It randomly turned on the first time it happened after about two hours and it hasn't turned on yet today.

0 Likes
2yrCountDown
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to me. All of a sudden my phone went black but the buttons were still lit. Then nothin. I held down the power and volume to reset. I toggled to reboot and it kept circling through the HTC home screen and going black. Now it wont even do that. When it is on the charger, the light won't turn on either. I have tried a bunch of times to soft reset it by removing the battery. It was working perfectly before this, no drops and no water. I think I have exhausted my options...

turtle272001

I also had the same problem and called  into Verizon the sims card was bad.  This was a guess from the guy helping me on the phone.  I had one from my Droid 2 and put that one in.  Phone has not had that issue since then.

0 Likes
xchaseer

same problem here idk what to do can someone help plz.?

0 Likes