Incredible 2- camera black screen
kschmitz

I have had my HTC Droid Incredible 2 for about 6 months now, but I just recently  started having problems with the camera. I was attempting to use a third-party application that used the camera (Chase), but the application would freeze once it tried to connect with my camera. Assuming it was the app that was buggy, I thought I would see if I could still use the camera on its own. As I suspected, I can no longer use the camera or the camcorder. After tapping on either of these apps, all I get is a black screen an no options. Since then, I have checked for the latest system updates, power-cycled the phone, pulled the battery, uninstalled the third-party app, and restarted the phone at least four times and I can't seem to get the phone to communicate with its camera. Maybe it's a hardware problem. The only thing I haven't done is a factory data reset, but from the comments of others, it looks like that may not help either.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Incredible 2- camera black screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kschmitz

I hate to hear you’re having problems with your camera. I use my camera all the time and would be frustrated if it didn’t work.  Let’s see if we can resolve this issue for you. Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's how to do that: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42081&sayt=safe mode incredi* Please let me know if this fixes the issue.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dannygoodwin75

I had a similar problem, my camera and video camera as well as 3 rd party apps which had been installed for 2 plus months, just went black. Factory reset and still nothing. Finally went into safe mode and did a factory reset and it solved my camera problem. Just food for thought.

0 Likes
teacher275

I had this issue with the camera not working and the screen being black. I uninstalled a bunch of unused apps and the camera now works.Not sure why.

0 Likes