Incredible 2 - will not turn on, charge or hard reset
KelseyW17

I had my phone in my back pocket for most of today, and forgot about it. After a dinner out, I got home and went to check my messages and found my phone would not turn on. I figured the battery is dead so I plugged it into my charger...and got nothing. No light came on at all. I gave a it a few hours just in case it was being weird and then tried the hard reset (volume down + power button) still nothing. I am pretty far from my upgrade date and can't afford to upgrade early or buy a new phone! Any advice???? Never had this happen before on any Droid phone I've owned!

0 Likes
Re: Incredible 2 - will not turn on, charge or hard reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KelseyW17!

I sure hope you have found a resolution to this issue since posting! If not, I'd like to ask you to try a couple of troubleshooting steps. First, please remove the battery from the back of the phone and leave it out for about 60 seconds. Then, reattach the battery, plug the phone into the charger and see if it charges and powers on. Please keep me posted with the results!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KelseyW17

Christina,

I have tried that, a few times actually, and no results. I went to a

Verizon store in my area and the girl there switched her battery with mine,

and still no charge light when it was plugged in. She suggested I go to a

specialty store to have them take the phone apart to see if a connection

within the phone was loose, but that is out of my price range at this

moment. I've had the phone for over a year, and never had a problem like

this with it, or any previous phone.

I am currently using a Palm Centro from about 4/5 yrs ago, since I do not

want to pay full cost to upgrade early.

Kelsey

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
robrob90

I'm having the same problem. Phone froze while trying to install updates. I unplugged the battery then plugged it back in and it wouldn't turn on, charge, or hard reset. I also tried taking the battery out for a bit and that didn't work either. I just ordered a spare battery to see if that was my problem, but if you and I are having the same problem then it looks like that won't help. 😕

0 Likes
jkcullens

Im having the same problem after having mine in my front pocket for a long time

0 Likes
amreard1

Lastnight I was on my incredible 2 and it was automatically updating apps.  The phone froze for about 5 minutes so I removed the battery for a couple of minutes.  It took awhile to reboot and when it was back on it froze again.  I plugged it in and the charging light came on, now it won't even do that.  I have multiple batteries and that is not the issue.  This needs to be fixed soon.

0 Likes
spowellfaulkner

I'm having the same problem.  My battery will not charge and I went to the Verizon store, but they said the phone was discontinued and there are no replacement battery available to order that I will have to update to a new phone.  I'm on the phone with Verizon now and hope that they can help.

0 Likes
spowellfaulkner

How long have you had the Droid Incredible 2, have you downloaded any third party application, and did you resetting the phone?

0 Likes
amreard1

I had my Dinc 2 for about a year after buying it used. I had a problem

with the charging port before but really liked the phone. Then this

happened last week and I went to the Verizon store but they didn't help.

Luckily the upgrade is after 20 months and not 24 like I thought. I got

the Motorola Droid RAZR M for $100 and its been great. Let me know if you

find a solution to fix the incredible 2.

On Dec 1, 2012 9:38 PM, "spowellfaulkner" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
2yrCountDown
Enthusiast - Level 2

You could order a new battery on daydeals.com. i did that but i think it is the port. sometimes the orange light flickers on, it will then become constant, let me turn it on and then black. its so frustrating. i am 4mos from my upgrade 😕 and i havent had a problem with this phone for over a year!

0 Likes