Incredible battery won't charge - already tried taking the battery out
kw1495

I just got my Incredible today.  They charged it a bit at the store to do the setup and data transfer then off I went.  I used it just a little and then set it aside while I worked for a couple hours.  The next time I went to do anything on it the battery icon had the little red bit showing that it was low on power.  I promptly plugged in the charger and set it aside for a while.  The next time I used it I noticed it hadn't actually charged - there was no green in the battery icon - so I turned the phone off and left it charging.  A couple hours later, still no charge increase. 

When I plug the charger into the phone the battery icon flashes between green fill with the lightening bolt and red fill so it SEEMS like it is working.

I came home and called the Verizon store where I bought it.  They were not helpful and said to try pulling the battery out and putting it back in and if that didn't work I was out of luck until the new shipments come in - a week from now!!  This is my only phone.

So, I pulled the battery out, put it back in and set it to charge again.  Left for a few hours and came back.  Still no charge and has lost even more battery power. 

Now I've pulled out the battery again, turned the phone on and it also flashes this noisy, low battery warning that won't go away no matter how many times I hit "OK" - even though it on some level it thinks it's charging.  I left the phone on this time while I'm trying to charge it.  However, it's been plugged into the charger now for about a half an hour and it's still flashing the "connect your charger" warning. 

Please help!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Incredible battery won't charge - already tried taking the battery out
Incredibutts

Same story for me, except I didn't bother taking it to my local VZW store because I knew they didn't have any other Incredibles.

I called support, we went through a bunch of stuff but nothing worked. They're overnighting me a new phone at their expense (you have to beg for that).

My wife's Incredible works fine. I took the battery out of hers and put it in mine and it "works." (I haven't activated it yet)

It could be the battery or the phone. Replacing the battery alone might not solve it if the charging circuitry in the phone itself is bad. Or vice versa.

Call support and they'll take care of it in as good of a fashion as they can. My wife's has had no problems and is a great phone so far.

0 Likes
Driod-Pimpn2010

Yeah man I got mine today, and like your wife's I have had no problems at all. Good luck with getting yours replaced. Its bad news going without a phone.

0 Likes
lovespekes

I've had the same problem with the battery not charging.  Woke up this morning to a completely dead phone.  Took it to a local VZW store where it was tested with a new battery and different chargers but neither helped.  I was told to mail the phone back to VZW Online since that is where I purchased it from and no local stores have any in stock.

I called when I returned home, was told they would ship out a new phone on Monday and that is would be here on Tuesday.  I was fine with that.  BUT I just got a voice mail saying that the phone will not be in stock until Thursday and I will receive it on Friday.  NOT happy with having to wait that long considering I pre-ordered this little jewel on 4/21.

So are you guys getting a new phone on Tuesday? 

0 Likes
hal1

How about this thought.  Maybe we downloaded some apps that aren't playing nice.  Let's compare...

Screen Mode Widget

Kepp Light

Anyone else?

0 Likes
hal1

Actually, Mine stopped working, then started, now is dead again

0 Likes
hal1

Never mind my last post.  makes no sense if the unit is off and still doesnt charge

0 Likes
diamondmind50

While we are on the subject of battery life for the Incredible all that is out now is the 1750mAh which is less than the 1880 that powers my XV6900.

And as thin as the phone is I do not see them making a bigger battery with a case.

I searched all the accessory sites and I found a 3500mAh solar battery backup and Nokia makes some kind of battery charger/backup.

Our phone technology has outgrown our battery technology by light years it seems like especially with these vibrant screens and juice taxing applications that go with these phones.

0 Likes
Jenni_Lauren

Same thing happened to me.  I received my droid incredible on 7/13 after almost a month wait from ordering it in store on 6/14.  The phone just would not hold a charge let alone come to a complete charge. I am so frustrated about this happening.  I was told that the new phone will be shipped by 8/3. I'm so upset!! I have to use my blackberry curve again. Thankfully, I still have it. :smileysad: UGH!!!!!!! 

0 Likes
DigiratiStudios

• My HTC Indredible is now 9 days old
  • I have done the factory reset a couple times
  • I have removed Facebook for HTC
  • I have done the charge/recharge/powerOn/powerOff trick for the last 3-4 days
  • I'm not using any Task Killer software
  • I'm not using wi-fi
  • I haven't even tried out the GPS or bluetooth yet

I am using the following General Sync Settings:

• Background Data = Yes
  • Auto-Sync = Yes
  • Backup Assistant = No
  • Google = Yes
  • Twitter = Yes
  • Weather = Yes (frequency set to every 3 hours)
  • I am not using Facebook for HTC Sense or Exchange ActiveSync

Performance:

• So far, 9 hours for a battery drain as of yesterday (admittedly, it's much better, then the first 7 days)
  • The usage yesterday was minimal, surfed a couple times, 2-3 short calls, used GTalk for a few minutes

Up Time vs. Awake Time:

• Vast improvement after the factory reset and the removal of Facebook for HTC, big differences between up and awake, meaning my phone is now sleeping as it should

Outcome (9 days into the purchase):

• Just off the phone with Verizon Customer Service, they are shipping me a new phone (2-3 WEEKS) and we will see where it goes.
0 Likes