Incredible-problem with case with magnetic closure
Frantic64

I ordered a case online that has a slight magnetic closure (it snaps closed when the 2 sides get close).  I always thought you should keep magnets far away from any kind of data storage device.  After I started using it I had some problems finding files on my SD card.  I took it out, and everything was there, put it back in and it was okay.  Does anyone know if it's okay to use this kind of case?  I'd hate to wreck my phone for a cute case!!!

0 Likes
Re: Incredible-problem with case with magnetic closure
budone
Legend

I have used this case since Apr 29th and not an issue at all.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

@Frantic64, It seems to me that the case affects everyone's phone different. I don't think it was a coincidence that once you started to use the case that things started to disappear from your SD card and once you took it off everything was back to normal, but hey if you would like to use the case, then I'd say go for it. Hope this helps:smileywink:

0 Likes
Cathbad

When I got the Droid X 2 different guys at 2 different Verizon stores said not to use a case with magnets.  But some other peoiple on one of the Android forums said it was OK.   I bought a cheap case before I even got the phone because the company that makes cases I like won't start on the Droid X until next Tuesday.  That case had 2 magnets.  I put the phone in the case.

It totally screwed up the micro SD card.  It had to be the magnet as one of them was aligned to the area of the card.

While I much prefer magnets, I'm going to order a case with Velcro or, perhaps, a real snap.

0 Likes
aibrean

Well there is a 30 day return policy on accessories if you got it from VZW so you might consider returning the case for another one (personally I like soft silicone better).

0 Likes
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our t...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our team members, we have temporarily reduced our business hours and our Response Centers will be closing for the day soon. You may not receive a response until the next business day. Thank you for your understanding.
0 Likes