Initial Display Glitch Cropping Back Up?
Mortimerr

Looking on the 'net, I found that there were several DroidX owners that had a glitch with the original DroidX displays (app 1%).  These units had a problem where 2/3 to 3/4 of the screen was unreadable.  This was about 2 years ago.

This past week, I had my DroidX fail in the same manner.  The bottom 2/3 of the screen shows a pattern of white/black/gray bars.  The touch-screen still works, you just can't see what you are touching.  I've tried to pull the battery and done a factory reset but nothing seems to work (not easy with your display messed up).  The original "fix" on the new units was to get a replacement.  Since these phones are out of warranty, I doubt that will be the solution this time.  I was just wondering if anyone else phone has had this problem.

Reference:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/verizon-confirms-droid-x-screen-issues-but-says-theyre-not-wid/

0 Likes
Re: Initial Display Glitch Cropping Back Up?
bearone21
Legend

no problem on mine, purchased dec '10.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mortimerr!  I’m sorry you’re having this problem with your Droid X, and would like to see what I can do to resolve.  Since you’ve already done the necessary troubleshooting to try and resolve; has the device had any physical or liquid damages?  If not, we can definitely look at replacement options for you.  If the device is no longer covered under the 1 year manufacturer’s warranty, or if you do not have the Extended Warranty coverage, we can look into upgrade options.  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gynotai

Hi.

I have the same problem with mine.  The lower "third" of the display is still readable on my phone, but it intermittently jumps around, goes grey, has vertical bars, and when I'm in an application where I can scroll (like Contacts), it's like that part of the screen is "out of sync" with the rest of the display.

Like what you said, most of the posts I've seen on this issue were from as long as 2 years ago, and replacing the phone seemed like the only solution that was offered.

I find it rather upsetting that the only solution is to "upgrade" my phone.  All I would want is to get this one fixed.  As far as getting a new phone, I'd prefer it be a choice I want to make, rather than have to make.

Cheers!

Gynotai

0 Likes