Input settings pop up when typing?
tcs0818

Did the ICS update last night, and have been steadily adjusting to this completely new style. I think I love it, but i'm  not convinced. One issue I'm having is whenever I start typing on the keyboard (I switched to the stock keyboard from smart keyboard pro), the input settings pops up in the notification bar. I hit back and it disappears. Is this part of the update or a bug? It does it under all my possible keyboards: pro, stock, and swype.

Also, still no screenshot option, android? really?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Input settings pop up when typing?
mdferns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same thing with the input settings.  I am hoping it will go away.

As for the screenshot, hold the power button and volume down at the same time for a few seconds.  It will take a screenshot and save it to your images.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdferns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same thing with the input settings.  I am hoping it will go away.

As for the screenshot, hold the power button and volume down at the same time for a few seconds.  It will take a screenshot and save it to your images.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Having the input settings in the notification bar is a feature of the ICS operating system. It will be there no matter what keyboard you use.

Screenshot_2012-10-24-13-01-47.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tcs0818

That seems a little unnecessary, like it would create unnecessary lag. But okay. Thanks for the info, and thank goodness we can finally screenshot! I should have googled that first before asking...

0 Likes