International call from Europe to USA, via WiFi connection on DROID X......for FREE....?
jaylan222

Hi, can anyone tell me if the DROID X will be able to make a call FROM Europe TO the USA via a WiFi connection .... for FREE?  Conceptually, I would think it would work.... but, I'm no "techie"......

0 Likes
Re: International call from Europe to USA, via WiFi connection on DROID X......for FREE....?
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

jaylan222 wrote:

Hi, can anyone tell me if the DROID X will be able to make a call FROM Europe TO the USA via a WiFi connection .... for FREE?  Conceptually, I would think it would work.... but, I'm no "techie"......

Hi.  I will be happy to answer your question regarding making a call using a Wifi connection.  There is no application that comes with the phone that will allow you to do so.  All calls can only be made through our 3G network.   You can also check the application market on your phone to see if you see an application that fits your needs.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: International call from Europe to USA, via WiFi connection on DROID X......for FREE....?
jaylan222

Hi Kim.... Thanks for your "politically correct" answer 

As you mentioned, an APP (i.e., "Skype") might be a solution.....  I have also used an APP called "FRING" to make VIDEO CALLS already over the 3G and WiFi.

0 Likes