Is Maps crashing on anyone lately?
billav

Maps has never crashed on me, and now it's been doing it a lot lately.  Sometimes it'll freeze.  I'll exit out of it, just to find that it's still running in the background (I can still see that the GPS is running), and it won't quit unless I reboot.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that this issue was caused by the Gingerbread update.  Rather, I think that it was caused by the latest Maps update.   Anyone have a similar experience?

0 Likes
Re: Is Maps crashing on anyone lately?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello! 

Are you still having an issue with Maps crashing on your Charge?

I haven't heard of this particular issue since the update. What I would suggest is going to the Maps and clearing the cache. Once you have cleared the cache in there, does it still crash or freeze?

0 Likes
billav

It's still been freezing from time to time,  I did clear out the cache - several times.  I feel as if it might have something to do with the new "mall floorplan" feature, as I work close to the Macy's on 34th street in Manhattan, so it's always popping up when I launch it at work before I drive out.  It's freezes there a lot.  Maybe it's too demanding.

Anyway, a Maps update came out today.  So far no crashes; but I won't be back to work till Monday for the real test.

0 Likes
billav

Duh.  I don't have to actually BE at work to look at it on my map.  I zoomed in on Macy's in Herald Square, tapped on the different floors, zoomed around the floorplans a bit - no crash, no freeze.  It's looking up.

0 Likes