Re: Is it really worth to update to 2.2 or wait till the bugs(if any) are fixed???
AZSALUKI
Legend

mike....dump the task killer. google "android 2.2 and task killers." read up and you'll see why. with 2.2, they truly do more harm then good now. ted...i had the same battery charge issue (took WAY TOO long to charge). i'm now on day 3 with 2.2 though and i noticed that this morning it FULLY charged in less than 2 hours. i beleive that's about the same as it used to take mine to charge. at any rate....day 2 charged a bit faster and today charged even faster.

0 Likes
Re: Is it really worth to update to 2.2 or wait till the bugs(if any) are fixed???
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

what do we download instead of the app task killer?

0 Likes
francisp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got my update this morning at 6.30am & the update was seamless.... I was a bit hesitant to do it, but went ahead and I can can so far this is the best thing that had happened for my DInc.

Keeping a few things before doing my update, the first thing I did was uninstalling my 'Advance Task Killer'. Many reported this is doing more harm than good with this update, I took as a precaution & it worked. Also just after my installation was completed, I gave my Dinc a breathing time of 2min. by turning the phone off & removing the battery.

All the applications runs great as advertised. Flash update is a good addition, probabaly a bit slow while scrolling down. Youtube can now play any saved playlist continously, great 720p video, transfer many apps to sd & so on.... As many user's says, there are few more bloatware running behind teh screen, but I dont think its draining my battery...  I think using Advance Task Killer & checking them now & then maybe a culprit.

In terms of battery life(using my original equipment battery), to be precise, the last time I chraged my phone was yesterday at 5.30pm PST. I had my regular usage last night, then today moning this installation, maintanence , calls etc., now at 11.10am I can see battery status is green with 60% remaining.

So far I can say I am a very happy customer with this update. I believe the O/S will stabilized more in few days. I will give a complete powerdown & charge tonight and many reported significant improvements in battery capability in retaining power with less charge time. 

If at all there are any glitches, I bet Google will fix this very soon. This is a war between Apple v/s Google & not between Google & us or Verizon or HTC. As some one in the previous posts mentioned, "YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE GOOGLE"

~my $0.02

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Mike_P wrote:

Would strongly suggest waiting .. random apps seem to open up ... draining battery. Advance Task Killer helps but is annoying.  I've tried restarting several times as suggested by others here. Doesn't seem to have helped.

If I could do over hitting "update" OS on Wednesday I sure would wait for the next update.

You really are not able to ignore it. If you say no, a reminder comes I believe every thirty minutes.

0 Likes
Shinde

"what do we download instead of the app task killer?" -jennster

@jennster

You never really needed a task killer.  People use them because they do not understand the way the Android OS works.  Think of task killers as all this "PC optimization software" people put on there windows computers.  Usually that software causes more harm then good.  Same thing goes with the task killer apps out there.  Android will automatically end tasks by itself.  If it doesn't, then you go and force close it.  

Hope this helps.  

Also, 2.2 is awesome.  I cant wait for the next update.  I just hope HTC and Verizon show more love for the Incredible and get it out faster then the Froyo update.  

0 Likes
NkyDroid

As for the battery.  I updated to 2.2 on Wednesday morning.  I immediately fought all the tasks with ATK and my battery drained in about half the normal time.  I also saw that charging the battery while the phone was turned on didn't work.  It wouldn't go anywhere as it stayed on orange or red each time I unplugged the phone from the charger. 

Today (2 days after my update and after uninstalling the ATK) my battery life is back to what normal was with 2.1 or maybe even better.  And I found out this evening that the phone charged as normal while still turned on.  So I think I'm back to normal and hopefully still gets even better.  Yes, I've had a few quirky software "slowdowns" or freezes, but nothing abnormal from 2.1.  Hope this helps. 

0 Likes