Is the Droid Charge about to receive an update?
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Is the Charge going to get an update because I was navigating through the Verizon website and came across a page that said - "Software Update: Droid Charge by Samsung - Coming soon!" in red lettering. It would be nice to get a much needed update to fix all the recent bugs and maybe change the UI a bit to make it look more modern, perhaps maybe even Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean, but I'm not going to count on it given the track record of this phone.

0 Likes
Re: Is the Droid Charge about to receive an update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe that the DROID Charge will be getting a update to ICS or any later version of the Android OS. It is basically a Samsung Galaxy S (One) class phone and none of those phones are getting the ICS update. Gingerbread (android 2.3)will be last major update it received. There could be a minor security update if necessary, but no one knows if that will or won't happen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Is the Droid Charge about to receive an update?
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

good question.  probably not ICS/JB - but I would guess a kernel update.  we are currently on FP5, and I think that was last updated in the summer 2012.

0 Likes