Is the droid bionic going to get ICS?
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

I'm assuming my bionic is running GB right now, but will I be able to get ICS for it?

0 Likes
Re: Is the droid bionic going to get ICS?
BionicModz

Yes. There is a leaked ICS build out right now. The OTA should be rolling out pretty soon!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's Best to stay with the OTA it may take a little Longer but in the Long Run it would more Stable and going with a leaked Build is allot not recommended by the Manufactures..

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Yes. Verizon (and/or Motorola?) announced a while ago that ICS would be released for the Bionic in "early third quarter".

We're now in Q3, and it's reasonable to believe that "early" means the first month of the quarter, which would be this month.

A broader interpretation of "early" would be the first half of the quarter, so that would put it as late as mid-August.

But it's likely that "early third quarter" was just their best estimate at the time, and since the software was early in development at that time, if the development proceeded slower than expected it's totally possible that the release could be a little later than the original estimate.

But, yes, we'll get ICS. Smiley Happy

BTW:  The Motorola Bionic forum has much more activity and information than this Verizon forum, a better source of information and help while still remaining in the "official" Bionic world.

0 Likes
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

thanks guys.  I also bookmarked the bionic forum

0 Likes