Is there an app that will backup all settings? I.e., email accounts, downloaded apps, etc?
Davidapage

I recently had my Droid2 Global replaced. Backup Assistant and Google Calendar Sync took care of that data, but creating all of the other settings is a pretty time consuming and error prone job. Anyone know of a more thorough app to do the job?

0 Likes
Re: Is there an app that will backup all settings? I.e., email accounts, downloaded apps, etc?
AZSALUKI
Legend

this will do most of it.

0 Likes
Re: Is there an app that will backup all settings? I.e., email accounts, downloaded apps, etc?
Davidapage

I have looked at My Backup Pro, which looks promising, though I do not see any references in their overview indicating email accounts are backed up. Their overview speaks of the differences between Root and non-Root access. Does anyone know how that can be determined? I found nothing in Settings, Verizon did not have a record one way or another and Motorola is just a sea of voice messages.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you're not sure what it means then you're not rooted. it basically means you have hacked your phone and the reason you won't find info on it here or per verizon's records is because it voids your warranty and discussion about it isn't allowed on verizon's forums. the short story is that you will not be able to utilize the additional features that it lists for rooted users.

0 Likes