Issue with Keyboard light on Droid Pro after GingerBread upgrade
AACGAP

anyone else having the problem where the keyboard light just starts working and needs a reboot to start again?  Any fixes?  Is Verizon support aware?

0 Likes
Re: Issue with Keyboard light on Droid Pro after GingerBread upgrade
Not applicable

AACGP, thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I see one other report of this happening on a few phones. We would need to do more troubleshooting to see if we can resolve this issue. Try clearing cache/data from your Multi-touch keyboard first. Also, make sure nothing is blocking your sensor near the earpiece on the phone. I looked online and someone said they experienced this problem months ago because of an issue with the proximity sensor. If you have a case, make sure it is not blocking the sensor. 

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Is there a forum for droid pro u might see more info there compared to the bionic page. Doesent pro have a physical keyboard? I didn't know it had multi touch keyboard! Am I wrong?
0 Likes
manob88

I have also had this problem.  Seems to occur when it is darkest, and the keyboard backlight returns when near a lamp or slight increase in ambient light.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gina7289 wrote:
Is there a forum for droid pro u might see more info there compared to the bionic page. Doesent pro have a physical keyboard? I didn't know it had multi touch keyboard! Am I wrong?
The "Droid Pro by Motorola" uses the Android Discussion forum for any topics related to that device. Having the thread is Droid Bionic forum isn't reaching the majority of the Droid Pro users on this forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TeddyT

Yes, same problem with keyboard light; seems to come on and turn off randomly.  I have also lost battery life after the upgrade.

0 Likes
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a problem with my IPhone 4.  Can I get help for that here too? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ts47
I would suggest looking in the Apple/iPhone section of this community.

Android OS and Apple iOS are two completely different "animals".

Edit: add link to the section. http://community.vzw.com/t5/Apple/ct-p/iPad

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jedwalker00

Yes I am experiencing the same problem and it did start happening afte the last software upgrade. 

0 Likes
JLivings1
manob88:
"I have also had this problem. Seems to occur when it is darkest, and the keyboard backlight returns when near a lamp or slight increase in ambient light."

Manob- I noticed that if you reflect the light from your screen onto the sensor (near the earpiece) the keyboard will light up. You would think this would be an opposite effect, but it works for my phone.
0 Likes