Issue with droid mini and otterbox defender case?
tubanerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently bot a droid mini and the otterbox defender case for it.  Phone is fine without the case, but in the screen protector/case the screen quickly goes to a black lock screen after a second on regular screens.  A quick google seemed to indicate it may be having an issue with the proximity sensor.  Anyone else have the issue/how to resolve?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issue with droid mini and otterbox defender case?
tubanerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out it was the proximity sensor.  I loaded a toolbox to find exactly where it was and the defender case has to be on just right to not have the screen protector over the proximity sensor.  Once I was able to get it in properly it was no longer an issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, tubanerd. I want to ensure that it is working properly with your case. Did you purchase the Otterbox from Verizon Wireless or a different source? Can you please check to ensure you are up to date with the latest software. Please go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tubanerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out it was the proximity sensor.  I loaded a toolbox to find exactly where it was and the defender case has to be on just right to not have the screen protector over the proximity sensor.  Once I was able to get it in properly it was no longer an issue.

0 Likes