Issues with Contacts after 2.2
dana-r

After upgrading my X to 2.2 I noticed an issue with my contact photos and I haven't been able to fix it or figure it out.

I have Facebook set as the default for all contact pictures but...

1.  When opening my text message application, the photos displayed next to the contact name are pulling from Google and not Facebook.  If I have the contact in both Google and Facebook, the Google picture displays.  If the contact is only in Facebook, it displays the Facebook photo.  If the contact is just in Google and there is no photo, the grey silhouette displays.  Before the upgrade, these photo always pulled from Facebook.

2.  When opening my contacts list from the Home Screen, all photos displayed are from Facebook.  If I view the contacts from the Phone menu (tapping the phone icon to make a call), all the photos are from Google (similar to above).

3.  When adding Favorites from the Phone menu, all photos displayed are from Google.

I have deleted my Facebook account and re-added it, completed a factory reset and verified my picture source is Facebook in all applications but nothing seems to work.  With the previous version of software I didn't have this problem.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with Contacts after 2.2
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello dana-r. I have read your post and understand your concern with your device not syncing with Facebook. I can provide you with some steps that you can follow at which you will want to remove Facebook first then go through the steps and once complete re-add the Facebook app.

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Select "reboot Phone"

5. Allow the reboot process to complete until phone completely powers up

(Safely un-tether the device from the computer before attempting this step)

***Performing a hard reset will remove ALLdata including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.***

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Did you follow the steps when you reset to make sure settings wasnt restored because if you reset and allowed the previous settings to restore, you will be taking one step foward and two steps back because you will be restoring the problom after reset... Give this a try.... http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Minimize-Droid-X-Issues-After-Froyo-Update/td-p/2965...

0 Likes
dana-r

I just finished trying that...and it didn't work.  I'll have to take it to a store and have them look because I can't figure it out.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello dana-r. I have read your post and understand your concern with your device not syncing with Facebook. I can provide you with some steps that you can follow at which you will want to remove Facebook first then go through the steps and once complete re-add the Facebook app.

4. Select "reboot Phone"

5. Allow the reboot process to complete until phone completely powers up

(Safely un-tether the device from the computer before attempting this step)

***Performing a hard reset will remove ALLdata including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.***

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes
dana-r

When I hold the Home and Power button at the same time, the only thing that happens is the box pops up for Phone Options and gives me Silent Mode, Airplane Mode and Power Off.  I've tried for the last 30 minutes and I don't get the screen with an Andriod, and a triangle with an asterisk.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I think you have to power off the phone first then hold the home and power button to get the right screen as the phone turns on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dana-r

Thanks Ann154...that worked and the phone is rebooting!

0 Likes
dana-r

It worked...!

0 Likes