Isyncr app
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read about the Isyncr app on this forum and have downloaded it so that I cam move my music from Itunes.  I have a (probably **bleep**) question.  When I downloaded it,  there was some friendly advice on the phone that said "You should always unmount your storage from Windows and from your phone before disconnecting the USB cable.  If you do not, you will eventualy have data corruption."  So,  as a non Techie person......  what does that mean to "unmount my storage from windows and my phone"?

Thanks.....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Isyncr app
hilltop67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually the best way to eject your phone is to open "My Computer" ISync usually sets up as drive letter "L:" put your mouse over the top of that drive letter and right click using your mouse and a menu comes up and select "Eject" then wait a sec and your all done. If you purchased the software it shows you how to setup the USB connection and if you dont see the L: drive then you forgot to choose "mass storage" when you plugged in your USB cable for the first time also if you have alot of other remote drives or dvd burners that extend to drive L" then ISync will usually be the last drive letter and it will also match up with the size of your thumb drive or SD card the Droid X comes with a 16 gig card so it would show 15 gig or less under that drive letter.  Hope this helps as I luv this app!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Maybe they just mean safely remove it from your computer. Like this....

• http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8821/removem.pngRight click this on the toolbar you see on the bottom right corner of your computer
  • Click safely remove hardware
  • Stop
  • Ok
0 Likes
hilltop67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually the best way to eject your phone is to open "My Computer" ISync usually sets up as drive letter "L:" put your mouse over the top of that drive letter and right click using your mouse and a menu comes up and select "Eject" then wait a sec and your all done. If you purchased the software it shows you how to setup the USB connection and if you dont see the L: drive then you forgot to choose "mass storage" when you plugged in your USB cable for the first time also if you have alot of other remote drives or dvd burners that extend to drive L" then ISync will usually be the last drive letter and it will also match up with the size of your thumb drive or SD card the Droid X comes with a 16 gig card so it would show 15 gig or less under that drive letter.  Hope this helps as I luv this app!!!!

0 Likes
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!  The app did explain it.  I just didn't go that far....   I was afraid of corrupting my data and didn't go far enough into the program to see that it explained it.  Have moved all of my music over....   It  worked great!!!! 

0 Likes
hilltop67
Enthusiast - Level 3

glad to help ....dont blame ya for being careful!!!

0 Likes