Latest Droid O/S patch from Verizon = BROKEN!
jarbarian

My X2, since the latest patch from Verizon is constantly rebooting itself and loses 3G data connections completely.  Now, I am wondering if this is Verizon's push to limit our data (Even though I have unlimited data, I am barely using any data whatsoever).  I have few apps other than email that even uses data.

Does anyone else have this problem?  The only way to get a data connection back is to REBOOT THE PHONE which is constantly annoying the crud out of me.  I am sure I am not the only person with this issue and it only started happening once the latest Droid version was patched to the phone:

Phone: Droid X2

Android Version: 2.3.5

Baseband Version: N_03.13.31P

Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-00008-gc406305

Build Number: 4.5.1A-DTN-200-18

ERI Version: 5

PRL Version: 52644

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Latest Droid O/S patch from Verizon = BROKEN!
ltnknit

Yes, I am, as well as numerous other problems. Things lock up, the screen starts "jiggling", the phone starts up applications on it's own and jumps from place to place. I was rebooting the phone once a week or so. Now I reboot it at least once a day if not more. And I am certain it is software, not hardware. I have gotten rid of every application that I don't use on the phone to try and minimize it as much as possible. The constant requirement to reboot the phone is getting more than annoying!!!! My phone is the same as yours except that I have PRL Version:  52707. And my System version is 1.3.418.MB870.Verizon.en.US

I too would greatly appreciate any help!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Latest Droid O/S patch from Verizon = BROKEN!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jarbarian! I'm so sorry to see that you're having problems with your Droid X 2. You've posted info on a patch applied to the device. In order to help, I need to get one more piece from you. Please follow this path and post what you see: From the home screen, select App menu (located in the lower right)> Select Settings> Select About phone> View the System version (e.g. Version.1.xx.xxx.MB870.Verizon.en.US). Thanks!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes