Launchpro Droid X
wendy1980

I downloaded the launchpro app and it says install complete but I cant open it.  I even downloaded the home switcher to set launchpro as my default and still can not open launchpro.  Im trying to put in my code for launchpro plus and I can't do it because its not opening. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Launchpro Droid X
Wildman
Legend

wendy1980 wrote:

ok I installed launcherpro...it does change the set up of the home screen. What im trying to do is change it to launcherpro plus to key in the code key but its not letting me.  After I intalled launcherpro it says succesfully installed.  It gives me 2 options. Open or Uninstall....well It wont let me open!!!! Been driving me crazy all weekend.

I noticed a number of users think the application never open but LauncherPro replaces home page and there isnt any real modification of the home page when it starts other than the bottom bar turns to 5 buttons instead of the default 3 icons.  and the home page will only have 4 i.  To test if LauncherPro is running try holding on homepage and see if in the pop up menu you see LauncherPro Widgets, if you do it is already running.  At this point all you have to do in press left button to access Menu/Prefrences, then scroll down and you will see option to activate LP.

Hope this clears things up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

If you downloaded the application from the Market Place and it will not pull up the application. There is a contact vendor number to call to walk you through trouble shooting the application.

0 Likes
wendy1980

And where can I find this number?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Do you have 5 buttons on the bottom of screen or two, if you have 5 LauncherPro is already open if not try rebooting should bring it up.... Are you ny chance using widget locker? If so go under Widget lockers Settings/Behavior/HomeHelper's Launcher menu and select Launcher Pro from list because it will compress the launcher and use whatever you had previously as default.

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

launcherpro will not open on its own. you have to use home switcher in order to switch between launcherpro and your original home screen app.

0 Likes
DoneDidDroidX
Contributor - Level 1

Go to their web site forum and they should be able to find the answer. Fede (developer) use to take e-mails about problems. But, does not any more and tells you to go to forum. I can't think of the answer. But, I am sure it is something simple.

http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/

0 Likes
DarenRogers
Enthusiast - Level 3
I've had it installed for a while. Pressing the hard Home key brings up Launcher pro regardless of which launcher I have set as default in Home Switcher
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

galaxie500fb wrote:

launcherpro will not open on its own. you have to use home switcher in order to switch between launcherpro and your original home screen app.

Mine always opened on its own after installation...  The only time I had issue was when I installed Widget Locker first, then I had to always change default launcher as I described on previous post.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Even if you have Home Switcher, and have Blur set as default, Launcherpro will still override that and open. It is a glitch in the X.

0 Likes
wendy1980

ok I installed launcherpro...it does change the set up of the home screen. What im trying to do is change it to launcherpro plus to key in the code key but its not letting me.  After I intalled launcherpro it says succesfully installed.  It gives me 2 options. Open or Uninstall....well It wont let me open!!!! Been driving me crazy all weekend.

0 Likes