Linking contacts with facebook
derswope

In the past i have been able to link contacts with facebook contacts to make one contact in your list of contacts. Now since ive gotten the new upgrade im unable to do this. How if any is there a way to do it. Also ive noticed i have added friends to facebook but they dont show up in my list of contacts, are they supposed to and how do i make them show up.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Linking contacts with facebook
Cody21
Master - Level 2

First off, with the GB update, "link" is now called "join" (go figure).  To JOIN 2 contact entries, you first click on a Contact, then click on Menu/Edit ... then in Edit mode, click on Menu again - one of the options is JOIN.

As far as "added friends to FB and they're not there - you DO have the Facebook Account added to My Accounts, right? If so, you could try removing it, rebooting, then re-add it .. of course do this BEFORE you go through the pain of JOINING them, else you'll lose anything you JOIN upon removing the account.

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

First off, with the GB update, "link" is now called "join" (go figure).  To JOIN 2 contact entries, you first click on a Contact, then click on Menu/Edit ... then in Edit mode, click on Menu again - one of the options is JOIN.

As far as "added friends to FB and they're not there - you DO have the Facebook Account added to My Accounts, right? If so, you could try removing it, rebooting, then re-add it .. of course do this BEFORE you go through the pain of JOINING them, else you'll lose anything you JOIN upon removing the account.

Good luck

0 Likes
derswope

I looked under my accounts and yes there was a fecebook linked however there was a second one as well. I uninstalled facebook to see if it would go away bc it wouldnt let me add the second facebook to my accounts and it is still there and wont let me add it.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Interesting that you have 2 of them there ... should only be 1 .. It will still show up as available though even after uninstalling Facebook - it's one of the native accounts made available at build time.

Anyway, so I would leave it uninstalled (or uninstall it again). Make sure you don't have 1 as Active in MY ACCOUNTS. Boot the phone into Maintenance Mode and do the CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE procedure.

This is the procedure for a DX, not a DX2 ..

• Power off
  • Press the Home Key (2nd button from left) and power up the phone
  • Continue holding the HOME button for like 1-2 mins.
  • When Andy with Exlamation Point Shows up, Press BOTH Volume keys at the same time - brings up a Blue Menu
  • Use Volume Keys to navigate down to "wipe cache partition" and tap POWER button to select it
  • Wait for it to finish and select reboot system and press once the Power button

Check MY ACCOUNTS - do you have 1 or 2 FACEBOOK accounts? If 1, go ahead and add it back and check your contacts again.

0 Likes