Re: Looked at HTC ERIS and MOTOROLA DROID at Verizon Store 11/4/09!!! I can't decide now!
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Honestly I wanted the droid for the bigger screen better camera (video) faster processor more processors.  The Eris has more Ram.  I was kind of holding out for the Calgary with keyboard Eris processor 3mp camera and Blur but I am thinking Sense UI might just make it for me.  It will be 2.0 soon there isn't a tremendous amount of difference in processor though to be fair the difference is more than just mHz but not that much difference.  A car dock for Eris would be lovely though. 

0 Likes
Re: Looked at HTC ERIS and MOTOROLA DROID at Verizon Store 11/4/09!!! I can't decide now!
ivorycruncher
Contributor - Level 1

Um, yes, the Motorola has two processors, but it is not voice versus data.  Audio is just another kind of data while it's being crunched by the processor.  The secondary processor you mentioned is a dedicated graphics processor,which is specifically designed to chew through graphics data quickly, thus drastically improving graphics performance, and freeing up the main CPU so it can focus on other tasks.  But no matter how you describe it, two is always better than one when it comes to processors.  😃

I still think I'm going to enjoy my Eris though.  Sense UI is what sold me on Android in the first place, and while the beefy CPU and large screen are tempting, the aesthetics of the Droid don't thrill me, especially the physical keyboard, and Android 2.0 doesn't offer anything that trumps the value of Sense UI.  Also, the Eris will be getting 2.0 soon enough, so that's really a non-factor.

0 Likes
Normster

I like the look also.  Wife got the Eris and I got the Moto Droid.  Hands down Moto!  I think some of it is V2.0, but not all the differences I see will be fived with the 2.0 on the Eris.  Here is just one example:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Devices/HTC-Eris-vs-Moto-Driod-Calendar-Sync/td-p/112916

0 Likes
mccluregang

So, you have had the Moto for a while now.  I just bought one. Curious what you think of the phone now?  First day with my Moto and i am dissapointed in calls, it has the "Far End Echo".  So, calling is frustrating.  Other than that it is cool.

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes